For your car insurance policy, You can now check the status of your car insurance online by using Askniid org Check Policy.
Thanks to the new platform created by the Nigerian Insurers Association(NIA), you can now easily check or verify the status of your vehicle insurance policy number, online.
AskNIID.org is a digital insurance platform that keeps all the records of vehicles that are genuinely insured with their policy numbers in its database.
Whenever you get your car insured by an insurance company in Nigeria, the insurance company gives you a certificate with a unique number or insurance ID on it for your car. It is the unique number that confirms that your car has been insured.
Askniid org Check Policy Online
However in cases where;
- There is a delay from the insurance company with receiving your certificate and you want to need to verify if your car has been insured
- You’ve misplaced the certificate and you need to know and have the policy number with you in case of any unplanned event happening,
All you have to do is to check for this info via askniid.org. This involves a very simple process that takes no time.
Askniid org Check Policy;
Follow these 5 quick steps below to check and verify the status of your vehicle policy number:
- Step 1 – Click on AskNiiD
- Step 2 – On the ‘check policy tab’, select either vehicle policy.
- 3 – On the box below select either single or fleet [note: fleet is for more than one car insured under a single policy].
- 4 – Select either the registration number method or the policy number method.
- 5 – Input your car registration number (number plate of the car) if you do not know your policy number and click on search.
A result showing your vehicle details along with your insurance policy details will be displayed.
On the other hand, if no result is displayed, it means your vehicle has not been insured by the company. You’ll therefore have to go back to check with the insurance company you registered to solve this problem.
Check Policy By PIN – Ask NIID
You can also opt for the USSD code method of checking for your car insurance by dialling *565*11# on your mobile phone and following the guidelines displayed to verify your car insurance.
It is important you follow through with the information given above in order to rest assured of the insurance state of your car while taking precautions to avoid any unnecessary issues.
To know more about the NIID and its uses, read this article on NIGERIAN INSURANCE INDUSTRY DATABASE(NIID): VERIFY YOUR CAR INSURANCE POLICY AND AVOID GETTING SCAMMED.