Website Abt Associates
Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it's welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world's most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask "What if?" We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
Abt Associates Job Recruitment. Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs
Abt Associates Job Recruitment
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Adaptation, and Learning (MEAL) Director, USAID Nigeria Feed the Future Value Chains Activity
Job Identification: 104848
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Program Delivery
- Abt seeks a qualified Monitoring, Evaluation, Adaptation, and Learning (MEAL) Director to support an anticipated USAID-funded Nigeria Feed the Future (FTF) activity to catalyze private sector investment in the agriculture sector as part of USAID’s Global Food Security Strategy.
- The Activity will apply market systems development approach to increase productivity of focus commodities, increase access to markets, increase income and livelihoods opportunities for farmers, increase access to affordable and nutritious foods for vulnerable communities, and facilitate private investment in the agriculture sector.
- The Activity will apply a value chain development approach to value chains identified by USAID.
- The MEAL Director, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and regular updating of the Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Learning Plan (MELP).
- You will lead the process to effectively use data for programming decisions, facilitating continuous implementation learning and adapting, working with team members to ensure the project achieves its performance targets, and overseeing any operational research, studies or assessments.
- The position will be based Abuja, Nigeria and is contingent upon project award to Abt Associates.
- Develop and finalize a comprehensive MELP for the life of the project, in collaboration with the project senior leadership, USAID/Nigeria, Abt’s project management officer, and relevant Ukrainian stakeholders.
- Oversee the day-to-day implementation and management of MELP for the project at the central and sub-national levels, including customization, roll out and management of a cloud-based M&E system.
- Collaborate with sector stakeholders and activity partners and beneficiaries to regularly collect quality indicator data, relevant statistics and other technical information to inform project progress towards broad goals and targeted results.
- Develop, operationalize and oversee MELP components including indicator reference sheets, standard data collection tools and processes, data management approaches, data quality assurance (DQA) protocols, and data analysis plans, and train appropriate program staff in their use.
- Directly supervise and manage the performance of all project-based M&E staff.
- Lead programming and budgeting for activity learning activities, events and products and guide related communications to diverse stakeholders and partners, within and outside Ukraine.
- Support programmatic decision-making at all levels through data analysis, reporting and communication of program learnings across multiple locations.
- Collaborate with the Chief of Party to ensure timely preparation and submission of all program deliverables, including work plans and progress reports.
- Liaise with other Abt MEAL Directors and managers on related agriculture and economic growth programs.
- Master’s Degree in Social Science, Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Agriculture, Economics, International Relations or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant professional experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning on large, complex development projects; experience with USAID-funded activities preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in supporting project baseline and endline data collection and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience managing the day-to-day aspects of rigorous M&E data collection, analysis and quality control for agriculture-related projects that measure productivity, sales and investment.
- Experience developing and managing learning and adaptation activities, including formulation and regular updating of MELPs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, initiative, good judgment, demonstrated team leadership, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills, in English.
- Extensive experience in knowledge management and dissemination of project results to diverse audiences.
- Advanced computer literacy in basic office applications and preference for experience using communications software.
Application Closing Date
15th March, 2024; 20:55
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.