Website Salpha Energy
Accountant at Salpha Energy Limited, Qualified Candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs at Salpha
Salpha Energy Limited is a social, for-profit business that designs, distributes, solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 200 million national consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Festac, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an accountant, you will be responsible for preparing accounts, budgeting and managing financial information.
- Your core responsibilities in Salpha will typically be to prepare and examine financial records, assuring information is up to date and accurate.
- Gather and monitor financial data like sales revenues and liabilities
- Prepare annual budgets for the company and also collate/monitor departmental budgets
- Ensure that all financial records are updated containing both stock and inventory
- Create unit costs for all products, already existing or new products.
- Track and confirm payments from customers and any other bank activity
- Create well detailed financial reports for management and for audit purposes
- Monitor and report on any account discrepancies
- Disburse payments approved by management for any benefits of all staff
- Conduct a detailed risk analysis to assess potential investment opportunities and advise management on risks
- Perform month-end and year-end close processes
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Reconciling and balancing all financial records
- Disbursing funds necessary for office operations eg., transport and office supplies
- Liaise with the sales department to reconcile stock and products supplied.
- Track supplied products, take stock count and advise on depleting and marketable stock
- Perform an internal audit to substantiate financial statements and transactions
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in the appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- 2 – 4 years relevant work experience.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards, gaining experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues
- Experience with accounting software is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Google Suites.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software use and administration skills
N150,000 – N200,000 Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com