Website Silverado Properties
Accountant at Silverado Properties, Qualified Candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs at Silverado
Silverado Properties is a Lagos-based real estate company. We deal with construction, sales, and rentals of properties; manage properties and facilities. We also design and supervise projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time.
Accountant at Silverado Properties
- We’re looking for an organized and driven individual to join our growing team at Ventoven as an Accountant.
- Our chosen candidate will work with our Finance and Accounts team in handling the day-to-day financial operations for the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will take charge of the finance department:
- Perform day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables and data.
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Perform bank reconciliations – the reconciliation of the bank statement against the GL and reconciliation of any assigned clearing accounts.
- Respond to audit inquiries in a timely manner; as required, make calls to the bank directly to clarify adjustments or to clarify items on the bank statements in order to reconcile activity or properly code it; liaise with auditors to confirm bank balances as of a certain date
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing a balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with statutory financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising the HOD on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- B.Sc Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- ICAN or ACCA certification, a plus
- Minimum of 3 years proven working experience in a finance role
- Finance experience in an NGO space or in managing projects an advantage
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles,
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software (ERP software or SAGE 50
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
N100,000 – N150,000 / Month.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com