Website United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Administration Officer at the United Nations World Food Programme, Candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs at UN WFP
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Officer
Requisition ID: 829562
Employment Type: Full Time
Administration Officer at the United Nations World Food Programme
- These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders in the field typically report to the Country/Deputy Director or the designate. Job holders in RBs or HQ typically report to the Deputy Regional/Division Director or the designate.
- Job holders operate with a high degree of independence, manage more junior staff to ensure that administrative objectives are achieved in full.
- They are heavily involved in day-to-day activities and analytical work.
- To contribute to daily planning and delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to and implement WFP country/regional plans, including administrative processes, aligned with regional and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration service.
- Develop annual plans, contribute to longer term strategies and improvements to policies, systems and procedures to ensure services provided support WFP strategic objectives and are in compliance with corporate policies, standards, regulations and processes.
- Carry out complex data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
- Manage the existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) and estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
- Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy and contribute to the provision of recommendations to the management on improvements/changes.
- Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Build and maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners through the organisation or design of trainings, workshops, daily interaction, etc. for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Other as required.
4Ps Core Organisational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Advanced Degree with 3 years professional experience or First Degree with 6 years professional experience in one of the following disciplines: Business / Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant fields relating to Office Management and Administration.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
Other Specific Job Requirements:
- Ensure data collation and preparing data analysis to provide management with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making by carrying out the following.
- Monitor fuel consumption for vehicles and also ensure the fuel monthly reports for vehicles are prepared and entered into FMS as at when due.
- Ensure replenishment of diesel for generators, monitoring the Diesel consumption and also ensuring the diesel monthly reports for generators are prepared and entered into FMS as at when due.
- Ensure adequate inventory of stationeries is kept in the store and replenishments are made as at when due.
- Ensure documentation of all changes such as addition, location and status changes to the asset register.
- Monitor existing contracts and ensure that SOWs/LTAs are sent to procurement for the initiation of the procurement processes for their renewal before the contract expiration.
- Manage the Admin annual leave plan.
- Carry out premises management by ensuring Facilities and Utilities are functioning well by creating a conducive working environment.
- Carry out complete procurement processes for items below the MPO limit of 5000 USD.
- Serve as focal point for Archibus, GVLP.
- Liaise with office premises maintenance team to ensure service provided is at WFP agreed standard.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Head of Administration.
- Act as Officer-in-charge in the absence of Head of Admin.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role:
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible relevant professional and practical experience in administration.
- Experience in providing direction and instruction to more junior staff members within area of expertise
- Has gained experience in administration.
- Has provided direction and instruction to more junior staff members within area of expertise.
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Terms and Conditions
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply.
- Applications must be submitted online and in English only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties.
- Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise.
- Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
- WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.