Website Grand Cereals Limited
Bank Reconciliation Officer at Grand Cereals Limited, Qualified candidates should see the job details and apply. Click for more jobs
Grand Cereals Limited (GCL), a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria Plc, is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials to produce and deliver superior quality brands in the animal feed, edible oils, breakfast cereals, pet food and other intermediate and consumer cereals products to Nigeria and West Africa markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bank Reconciliation Officer
Location: Jos, Plateau
Reports To: Treasury Manager
Bank Reconciliation Officer at Grand Cereals Limited
Purpose of Job
- Ensuring that cash amounts in the organization’s accounting General Ledgers reconcile with actual bank balance on daily basis and monitor all banking activities to detect irregularities.
- Download Bank statements from the Banks platform on a daily basis
- Advise Account Receivable (both in Jos and Onitsha) on Daily Bank statement downloaded
- Process the bank statement downloaded on Bank Statement Processing Interface (BSPI) into SAP acceptable format
- Upload Bank statement into SAP for reconciliation purpose
- Reconcile bank statements against cash management daily
- Investigate outstanding items on reconciliation to resolve them with Account Payable and Receivables
- Compute Re-measurement-Unrealized Gain per transaction on Dom Accounts
- Post all bank charges and Account maintenance fees into SAP
- Ensures wrong bank posting are corrected within the month
- Ensures all payments are tractable to the bank statement
- Follow up with Account receivable to trace unidentified customers and write letters to banks
- Escalate any reconciling payments that exist for more than one month in Bank reconciliation reports to the line manager and other team members
- Assist the Treasury Manager in the preparation of Daily Bank Position (DBP) for the company’s liquidity purpose
- Prepare a schedule of interest Charge verification on Bank facilities/Overdrafts and AMF. (End of the month).
- Monitor all banking activities to detect irregularities
- Print monthly bank reconciliation report at the end of the month
- Any other task as assigned by the Treasury Manager, Financial Controller and Chief Financial Officer.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of B.Sc. or HND in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- Industry certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA e.t.c) is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification cognate experience is essential
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Strong numeracy skills
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills with excellent team spirit
- Familiarity with ERP
- Keen attention to details
- Good written and verbal communication
- Computer literacy (MS Office etc)
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit grandcereals.com.