Website Blu Atlantic Hotel
Blu Atlantic Hotel, is a luxurious 50 rooms hotel with beautiful architectural masterpiece and finest serenity and ambience. This hotel edifice is built with state of the art facilities and quality and modern infrastructure to compete with current technological trends. Blu Atlantic Hotel is one of the leading hotels in the heart of Lekki with best service delivery.
Blu Atlantic Hotel Job Recruitment, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Blu Atlantic Hotel Job Recruitment
Job Title: Night Auditor – Internal Audit and Control
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Night Auditor will responsible to conduct all nightly audit-related duties while providing guest service at the hotel’s front desk. Audit responsibilities balancing duties, daily paperwork, and shift reports.
- Perform dailystock taking/stock counting of all stock itemsand Room inventory.
- Audit daily sales and purchases to ensure accuracy and prevent fraud and errors.
- While completing these duties, the Night Auditor will attend to guest needs such as guest check-in/check-outs, making reservations, and answering guest questions
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Obtain,analysisand evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Proactive thinking, keeping guest security always in mind, and creating a safe, clean, and friendly work environment.
- Responsible for counting cash and maintaining the accuracy of the issued cash drawer at the beginning and end of each scheduled shift.
- Check the front desk log for problems, special requests, etc.
- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
- Process guest registrations, including collecting payment.
- Prepare express checkout folios.
- Maintain room status inventory.
- Communicate all pertinent shift information to Front Office Manager, General Manager, and other desk staff.
- Maintain and clean the lobby and bathroom as needed.
- Communicates all information to the following shift to ensure a smooth transition.
- Works closely with all hotel departments to ensure the highest quality of customer service.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions. Explains in-room and hotel features.
- Responsible for completing all required shift paperwork, and night audit reports daily.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- To ensure compliance with FOCUS internal control guidelines
- Monitor stock movement control environment within the hotel and advise the management on the best ways to optimize on stocks
- Conduct surprise checks on the outlets to make sure proper billing and adherence to internal procedures
- Do a market survey for purchases to make sure purchase prices and quality meets the requirement.
- Ensure revenues are all captured and well accounted for to avoid any leaks
- Perform special duties as assigned by the management and report back with the recommendation
- Ensure compliance with auditing standards and requirement as well as data privacy.
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc Degree with 10+ years relevant work experience.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2023.
Job Title: Hotel Food and Beverage Manager / Restaurant Manager
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
General Summary of Duties
- The Food & Beverage Manager will be responsible for directing, coordinating, and administering Food & Beverage service operations to ensure profitability, quality standards and services, and guest satisfaction for multiple F&B outlets throughout the hotel.
- They will contribute to the planning, organization, and training necessary to achieve restaurant / bar objectives in sales, costs, Internal Guest retention and satisfaction, communication and awareness, guest service, food quality and compliance.
- Ownership of the management accounts and daily Profit & Loss, maintaining cost control.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the food & beverage department especially in relation to supporting the Brand Experience.
- Responsible for the standards of service delivered to the customers in the bars, dinning rooms, buffets and all other food & beverage outlets by F&B employees.
- Ensuring the quality of services in accordance with the company standards.
- Ensures that all the F&B areas are well organised, and have the tools to execute their duties and maintain their areas and equipment.
- Ensures that the highest level of food hygiene is maintained throughout all food and beverage areas in compliance with HACCP legislation.
- Oversees the overall operation of the storerooms as per company policies, including but not limited to rotation, preparation, distribution and bookkeeping.
- Responsible for the overall implementation, execution of all F&B polices and procedures pertaining to employees, work manuals, sanitation requirements, costs, quality, menus, groups and others as required.
- Plays a key role in the leadership meetings.
- Leads, motivates and develops their team in line with the Company Values to maximise employee engagement.
- Demonstrate behaviors in line with our diversity and inclusion aim, which is to create and promote a diverse and inclusive culture where ideas, differences and views are respected and where all employees are encouraged to create their own personal legacy
- Ensure all stock controls are strictly adhered to.Candidate profile:
- Passionate about driving consistent, and exceptional service
- Able to manage a team effective, posses strong leadership skills
- Used to working with senior management team, being able to communicate well with at all levels
- A positive and driven attitude to succeed, and leadership skills to inspire and retain a team.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following)
- Ensures point of sale operations and Cash handling practices are following standard operating procedures.
- Understand all programs, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training protocols
- Collaborate withGeneral Manager and Chef de Cuisine to create a culture and restaurant work environment based upon respect; foster opportunities for the team to learn, grow and develop their abilities
- Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations and plan effective solutions to best expedite these situations
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines, labor forecasts, and assign work for efficient use of equipment and personnel
- Responsible to ensure restaurants appearance meeting and exceeding standards as well as maintaining compliance with all health and safety regulations at all times
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned
- Professional demeanor appropriate for a luxury environment
- Must have working knowledge of point of sale systems
- Strong customer service experience, interpersonal, and communication skills are required
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem- solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and responsive to change
- Contribute to the development of the food and beverage menus
- Ensure all team members have required certifications for food and alcohol handling
- Think critically to respond and react quickly to ever changing situations on property
- Establish and clearly communicate goals and expectations using strong interpersonal skills
- Professional in all internal and external communications
- Possess confidence in making decisions for health of the operation
- Resolve guest and team member issues quickly and efficiently
- Identify opportunities and create action plans to enhance and optimize food and beverage operation
- Be growth oriented
- Monitor financial performance to drive business decisions
- Set and deliver on goals which support company-wide goals in finance, guest satisfaction, and team member engagement
- Lead and support team members in individual growth and career advancement plans to contribute to our internal leadership pipeline
- Create positive work environment that is guest-focused
- Collaborate with other members of camp management and the corporate team
- Prioritize tasks effectively
- Submit high quality work products in a timely manner
- Promote company sustainability initiatives
- Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurant; set a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Assists servers and hosts on the floor during meal periods and high demand times.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
- Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on the quality of food and beverage, service levels, and overall satisfaction.
- Schedules dining reservations and arrange parties or special services for diners.
- Ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results.
- Schedules, trains, develops, empowers, coaches, and counsels, resolves problems, provides open communication and recommends discipline when appropriate.
- Holds daily line-up meetings and monthly departmental meetings with staff reviewing daily events, safety issues/concerns, and guest comments.
- Edits work schedules and evaluate the work performance of employees.
- Training – 10%
- Ensures staff understands local, state, and Federal food and liquor laws.
- Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards, and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up, and hands-on management.
- Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge, and room service areas.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers Waiters and Waitresses to provide excellent customer service.
- Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
- Supervises daily shift operations
- Ensures staffare in compliance with appearance standards.
- Inspects dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness.
- B.Sc Degree in Hospitality, Restaurant Management or other related field
- Atleast 5 years experience in an upper luxury five star hotel
- 5 – 20 years experience as a Food and Beverage Manager in a luxury five star hotel
- Certification in HACCP, HSE and food safety is an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to perform all tasks for each position in FOH F&B
- Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse guest types.
- Ability to remain calm and well organized under pressure while working quickly.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple tasks at a time.
- Keeps emotions under control.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to properly operate the telephone and all software used for the POS system.
- Strong math skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Food and Wine, as well as Beer, liquor, and mixed drinks.
- Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Knowledge of elementary financial controls
- Ability to respond promptly to customer needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and Grand Performers
- Must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Proficient in Micros POS system
- Proficient in Open Table reservation system
- Computer savvy (MS Office suite)
- Basic math skills for cash handling; ability to provide change and count bank at end of shift
- Adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Local knowledge of the community (attractions activities, etc.)
- English language and professional communications skills are required.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com