Website Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana
Bursar at Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana, candidates should see the job details and apply. Click for more Jobs
Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Bursar at Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana
Table of Contents
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and Chief Financial Officer of the Polytechnic who is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the Polytechnic.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates the operation of the financial system of the Polytechnic
- Is the Head of the Bursary Division of the Polytechnic.
- Establishes appropriate internal financial system as well as prepare
- Periodic / Annual Financial Reports of the Polytechnic.
- Advises the Rector on financial matters.
- Interprets the financial regulations.
- Undertakes any other assignment as may be given by the Rector or Governing Council.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate must possess the following requirements:
- A good Honours Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accountancy or Finance from a recognized tertiary institution with at least eighteen (18) years Post-Qualification Cognate Accounting Experience or Master’s Degree with at least fifteen (15) years Cognate Accounting Experience in a Polytechnic or similar institution plus a professional registration and current membership of ICAN, ANAN or ACCA as a mandatory requirement.
- Must have attained the position of Chief Accountant or Deputy Bursar for a period not less than five (5) years in a tertiary institution.
- Must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years old at the time of making the application to the post.
- Must be physically and medically fit, morally and professionally sound.
- Must be computer literate with a good knowledge of relevant accounting packages.
Terms of Appointment / Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a single term of five years beginning from the Date of Appointment and on such terms and conditions as obtainable in other Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria.
- The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of office as may be approved from time to time for Principal Officers of the Polytechnic.
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) copies of their typewritten Applications along with their Curriculum Vitae giving details in the following order:
- Full Name (Surname First).
- Date and Place of Birth.
- State of Origin and Local Government Area.
- Marital Status.
- Number and Ages of Children.
- Current Contact Address including Telephone Number and E-mail Address.
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates.
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with Dates.
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Associations
- Work Experience in Chronological Order.
- Present Employment including Status, Salary, Duties and any other relevant
- Statement of Own Vision for the Polytechnic for the next five (5) years.
- Evidence of Community Service.
- Hobbies / Extra-Curricular Activities.
- Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees who are to forward confidential reports on the candidate directly to the Registrar / Secretary to Council, Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana.
Applications are to be submitted by hand or post in sealed envelopes and marked “Application for the Post of Bursar” at the top left corner and addressed to:
Akanu lbiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana
P.M.B. 1007, Afikpo,
- Each referee should forward promptly, a Confidential Report on the candidate in a sealed envelope addressed to the Registrar to reach him before the application closing date
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to present for sighting, the originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials during the oral interview.
- Applicants should attach to the applications, photocopies of their credentials and other relevant documentary evidence to support the claims with respect to their age, qualifications, present rank and cognate experience.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
To apply for this job please visit graduatejob.com.ng.