Website Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
Senior Software Developer at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company, Qualified candidates should see the job details and apply. Click for more jobs at IKEDC
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Employment Type: Full time
Reporting To: Lead Enterprise Applications
Senior Software Developer at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Table of Contents
- This role is Responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of new software systems, updating existing software and conducting feasibility studies on company systems.
- He is also responsible for writing codes, applications, creating reports, and mentoring junior developers; building performance web apps on both the iOS and Android platforms as well as collaborating with the solutions delivery team.
- Develop software solutions by studying IE information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Review and study the functional requirements for new application systems and assess the options for implementation.
- Work closely within a single scrum team to build features in support of the IE products
- Provide senior-level proficiency and direction on the following tech stack based on any of the three specializations below.
- Identify reusable functionality to build into common, reusable components that can be leveraged across the application.
- Collaborate with the back-end development teams to build app functionality according to product requirements and design specs.
- Work with Product and Design teams to deliver intuitive, engaging, and simple interfaces for applications targeting mobile, tablet and web platforms.
- Work with modern tools including Slack, GitHub, Google Docs, etc
- Complete two-week sprints, and participate in sprint retrospectives and daily stand-ups
- Participate in peer code reviews and pull requests
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Maintain an awareness of new developments in Information Technology and its applications in the electricity sector and, ensure that the company makes the best use of any such developments.
- Monitor department’s performance through Key Performance Measures.
- Ensure provision of adequate resources for various activities of the department.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Assist in carrying out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
- Fullstack (Web and Mobile App)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- 7-10 years experience in management/implementation of IT application systems, preferably in an electricity utility
- A masters’ degree is an added advantage.
Fullstack (Web and Mobile App):
- Experience in developing mobile and web application
- Good knowledge of server-side programming languages like NodeJS
- Familiarity with DBMS technology, including SQLServer, Oracle, MongoDB and MySQL and caching mechanisms such as Redis, Memcached and Varnish
- Strong knowledge of UI/UX and basic prototype design
- Experience working with IIS, Nginx or Apache servers with a solid background in Linux.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases like Oracle. SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB.
- Experience with large and disparate data sets.
- Creating Web Services and RESTful services with Web API. Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Prior experience as a Python Developer
- Good knowledge of Django, Flask or similar Python frameworks
- Knowledge of ORM (Object Relational Mapper)
- Strong OOP or Functional Programing and modeling skills.
- Experience building complex web systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience developing software utilizing workflow or ESB software.
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience in using automated testing frameworks and system monitoring tools.
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
- Supervisory / Managerial Skills.
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit 22.214.171.124.