Website The National Eye Centre
National Eye Centre - The concept of the establishment of a National Specialist Eye Hospital was contained in a memorandum to the Federal Govemment by a renowned Ophthalmologist and pioneer Director, Prof. H.C. Kodilinye, as a result of which in 1979, Decree No. 52 was promulgated by the Murtala/Obasanjo Administration towards the establishment of the hospital presently known as the National Eye Centre, Kaduna. The decree has since been changed to act 258 LFN. The need for the establishment of the Hospital cannot be far fetched from the revelation of a WHO statistics that about 1 million Nigerians were blind, two-thirds of whom can either be cured or prevented from going blind.
Chief Medical Director (CMD) at the National Eye Centre, Qualified candidates should see the job details. Click for more Jobs
The Management of the National Eye Centre, Kaduna hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Medical Director (CMD)
Chief Medical Director (CMD) at the National Eye Centre
- The Chief Medical Director (CMD) is the Chief Executive of the Hospital. The successful candidate shall be expected to provide the required medical, administrative and professional leadership for the Centre in executing the broad policies as prescribed by the existing law-CAP 248 LFN setting up the centre and other policies of the Board of Management.
- He/she shall foster good rapport with the relevant organs of the Federal Ministry of Health, other Ministries, and non Governmental Organizations and other professional bodies that could lead to the ultimate attainment by the Hospital of the status of centre of Excellence for which the National Eye Centre was set up to achieve.
Prospective candidates must:
- Have a basic Medical qualification obtained not less than 15 years and registrable with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN)
- Have Postgraduate Fellowship qualification in Ophthalmology that is recognized and registrable with the MDCN. The qualification must have been obtained 5 years before responding to this advertisement.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years in the first instance and may be eligible for re- appointment for a second term of another four (4) years.
- The salary attached to the post is according to a Special Scheme of Service and is consolidated.
- Other entitlements are according to current Government policy.
Application Closing Date
2nd November, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit in fifteen (15) copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, which must include the following information:
- Full Name, Surname underlined.
- Date and Place of Birth.
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Marital Status
- Number of Children, indicating the age of each
- Current Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- Permanent Home Address
- Email Address
- Telephone Number(s)
- Educational Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional qualifications and distinctions with dates
- Membership of Professional Association/Bodies
- Work experience in Chronological sequence
- Present Employer, Status and salary
- Publications in standard Form (If any)
- Extra Curricular activities
- Evidence of Teaching/Research experience
- Names and Address of three (3) referees, one of whom must be the present employer.
All applications should be forwarded to:
The Chief Medical Director,
National Eye Centre,
Off Nnamdi Azikiwe Express Way,
- Candidates are required to request their referees to send confidential reports on them to the above address before the closing date.
- Shortlisted candidates would be invited for an interview by e-mail.
To apply for this job please visit graduatejob.com.ng.