Website Synapse Services
Clinical Psychologist at Synapse Services, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Internship
Synapse Services Limited Synapse Services is the largest provider of Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa. We provide patient-centred care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and internationally trained professionals. With a team of compassionate and highly skilled Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, and Psychiatric Nurses, we provide a range of therapeutic programs designed to suit individual needs. Founded in Abuja in 2009, we are a rapidly expanding private service with 2 centres in Abuja and one in Lagos, Port Harcourt and Anambra.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Psychologist
Locations: Abuja and Anambra
Clinical Psychologist at Synapse Services
Table of Contents
- A Clinical Psychologist identifies and diagnoses psychological, emotional and behavioural issues in clients, develops and implements treatment plans, and converts business opportunities.
- Provide psychological assessment and consultation services
- Diagnose psychological, emotional or behavioural disorders of patients and develop a treatment plan
- Provide therapy to groups and individuals
- Prospect for new clients by networking, and using other acceptable means of generating interest from potential clients and ultimately converting them into clients.
- Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan for different age groups (children inclusive)
- Identify innovative tactics, corresponding business plans and sustainable operations to drive revenue and volume growth with a bid to grow business. · Work with the multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, nurses and social workers, psychiatrists and occupational therapists
- Facilitate diverse group therapeutic sessions
- Counsel individuals and groups regarding problems such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations, in order to modify behaviour.
- Modify treatment activities or approaches as needed to comply with changes in client’s status
- Guide clients in the development of their skills or strategies for dealing with their problems
- Have an understanding of the Bio Psychosocial Approach for assessment and treatment plan for every patient.
- Select, administer, score, and interpret psychological tests in order to obtain information on individuals’ intelligence, achievements, interests, and personalities
- Be conversant with different treatment methods like cognitive behavioural therapy, dialectic behavioural therapy, talk therapy, person-centred therapy etc.
- Be conversant with the electronic medical record system for proper documentation of progress notes and treatment plans.
- Evaluate clients’ physical or mental condition based on a review of client information
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical assessments or develop treatment plans
- Refer patients, clients or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary
- Act as client advocates to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
- Coordinate family-inclusive therapy to assist them in understanding, dealing with or supporting patients
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counselling programs on clients’ progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives
- Meet with families, probation officers, police or other interested parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process
- Plan, organize or lead structured programs of counselling, work, study, recreation or social activities for clients
- Plan or conduct programs to prevent substance abuse or improve community health or counselling services
- Psycho educates the client on the importance of medication compliance.
- Learn about new developments in counselling by reading professional literature, attending courses and seminars or establishing and maintaining contact with other social services agencies
- Gather information about community mental health needs or resources that could be used in conjunction with therapy
- Have an understanding of neuron developmental pathways, how to diagnose, carry out assessments and draw up an appropriate treatment plan to meet specific needs.
- Ensure that after discharge client is transferred to a robust aftercare plan for proper follow up and management.
- Candidates should possess a Master’s Degree with at least 3 years of work experience.
Application Closing Date
12th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Clinical Psychologist – AKWA” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com