Website Gombe State College of Education
College Provost at Gombe State College of Education, Qualified Candidates should Apply. Click for more Government Jobs
Gombe State College of Education, Billiri invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: College Provost
College Provost at Gombe State College of Education
Table of Contents
- In line with the Gombe State College of Education Law, 2012, which empowers the College Governing Council to recommend three candidates through the Ministry of Higher Education, Gombe State to the Executive Governor of the State to appoint a substantive Provost, the College Governing Council hereby invites suitably qualified candidates with cognate experience at teaching and administration at the tertiary level of education to apply for the post of the College Provost, Gombe State College of Education, Billiri.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Provost as the Chief Academic Officer / Chief Executive Officer of the College shall be responsible for the day-to-day running and management of the College
- Provide academic and professional leadership in the execution of policy guidelines laid down by the Governing Council.
- Maintain discipline as well as cater for the welfare and interests of the staff and students of the College and perform such other functions as may be conferred upon him/her by the Law establishing the College and/or the Governing Council.
Qualifications and Experience
Interested candidate(s) for the post of the College Provost of Gombe State College of Education, Billiri, should meet the following:
- Must be a Chief Lecturer in Tertiary Institution with Education background with at least five (5) years experience on the rank.
- Possession of a Doctorate Degree is an added advantage and MUST have a professional qualification in education;
- Must possess 15 years post qualification teaching/research experience in the Colleges of Education system or its equivalent and in addition MUST have held a Senior Teaching / Research and a top administrative position in a tertiary institution;
- Must not be more than 60 years of age at the time of assumption of duty;
- Must show evidence of academic and administrative leadership including publications at National and International levels;
- Must show evidence of Professional Standing/Honours, including registration with the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN); Proficiency in ICT (Packages and Capabilities);
- Evidence of Funds/Research Grant(s) attracted.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The College Provost shall be on a Consolidated Salary Structure.
- The College Provost will be appointed for a Single Term of Five (5) years.
- Other conditions are as applicable to Provosts of Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
11th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send twenty (20) copies of their application with photocopies of their Curriculum Vitae, including educational/professional credentials attached to each. The Curriculum Vitae should include the following information:
- Name of Applicant in full (surname first).
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address with Phone Number(s) and E-mail
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- Nationality and State of Origin
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic / Professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Name and address of present employer, stating post held, date and salary
- Scholarly publications (Conference papers, Joumal papers and books)
- Special Awards (if any)
- Extra Curricula activities
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees.
- Each application should be accompanied by a certificate of medical fitness from a Government Hospital;
- A Statement of the candidate’s Vision and Mission for the Gombe State College of Education, Billiri, for the next five(S) years;
- The candidate should request each of his/her Referees to forward a report directly to the Registrar under confidential cover.
All applications and Referees’ Reports are to be forwarded either by hand or Postal Services, under confidential cover in an envelope marked at the top left-hand comer “Position of Provost” to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Governing Council,
Gombe State College of Education,
P.M.B. 011 Billiri,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted, please.
To apply for this job please visit graduatejob.com.ng.