Website AZA Finance
Senior Data Engineer at AZA Finance, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Remote Jobs
Aza Finance (Formerly Known as Bipesa) is an established provider of currency trading solutions that accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Senior Data Engineer at AZA Finance
Table of Contents
- We are passionate technologists who believe in making a difference in the lives of those living in emerging markets. We aim to change the landscape of finance and remittance.
- Our development team is a group of skilled self-reliant data engineers that have the ability to work together to solve complex problems and provide simple solutions for our business teams. We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our rapidly growing team in one of our offices.
- Is in charge of maintaining the business’s physical and logical data models, reflective of the current business environments. In this position, the Senior Data Engineer effectively manages the department’s time and resources, drafting clear time schedules to be applied by the junior Data Warehousing department.
- Provides technical assistance in the identification, evaluation, and development of data warehousing systems and procedures.
- Contributes to the interview process alongside senior analytics management and helps ensure the successful onboarding of suitable employees in the department.
- Tasked with leading data-related technical projects for the business across platforms and participate in project planning and the analysis of the business’s data requirements and solutions.
- The Senior Data Warehouse Engineer also designs review sessions and ensures that all solutions are predefined and aligned to architectural specifications. This is in addition to developing ETL pipelines that target specific requirements as well as creating and updating technical documentation.
- Utilises data warehousing methodology and best practices in creating and supporting analysis service cubes that assist in query performance. In this capacity, the Engineer also monitors, troubleshoots, and develops actionable/lasting solutions for data warehouse servers.
- Lead the creation of quality control, data validation, change management and cleansing processes to new and existing data models and ETL pipelines.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Communicate findings clearly to a broad range of stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience in the data warehousing space, custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- 7+ years of experience in SQL as well as other data manipulation & visualization languages in this space such as Python & R
- Must be highly experienced in developing schema data models in a data warehouse environment and be well versed in the full implementation of system development life-cycle (SDLC).
- Must be highly experienced in working with ETL concepts of data integration, consolidation, enrichment, and aggregation. Candidates should demonstrate a strong understanding of dimensional modelling and similar data warehousing techniques as well as have experience working with relational or multidimensional databases and business intelligence architectures.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of database concepts of data mapping and modelling inclusive of normalisation, referential integrity, dimensionality, keys, indexes, partitions, metadata, and master data management.
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise working with both relational and non-relational database systems such as SQL, Redshift, PostgreSQL or Vertica. (Typically large data sets)
- Must possess sharp business acumen and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively while engaging non-technical personnel.
- Good knowledge of source control using Git.
- Preference to participate in pair-programming and using GitHub pull requests to review code of others.
- Familiarity with the agile development methodology specifically Scrum.
- Competitive salary
- Casual work environment
- Great work-life balance
- We value autonomy
- Environmental-friendly (we try to use as less paper as possible!)
- Opportunity for growth for all our employees and more!
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.