Website Uniccon Group
Uniccon Group is the home of innovative and customizable tech products to meet your needs. We combine world-class expertise, experience, and modern tools to scale up your productivity. Valuing and collaborating for the best services have kept us ahead of the market. Individuals, SMEs, organisation, and government agencies achieve more with us. Uniccon Group owns Africa’s leading hub for STEM research, training, and solutions (STEMFocus). Research is the bedrock of our innovative services in the marketplace, payment gateway, workflow optimization, financial intel, cybersecurity, cloud infrastructure, and e-learning products. We are futuristic and leading with METAVERSE and NFTs in Africa. The operations extend to Agro-commodities processing and export, fashion brands, and general contracting business. It oversees operations across Africa, Asia, Europe, the Americas, and other parts of the world. The products are innovative, and customizable to meet market needs. Unicorn Group is a key player in their respective industries.
Data Protection Officer at Uniccon Group of Companies, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Protection Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Data Protection Officer at Uniccon Group of Companies
- We are looking for a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to ensure our company is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR.)
- Data Protection Officer responsibilities include advising on our compliance with GDPR and local data protection laws, monitoring our adherence to GDPR standards and acting as a point of contact with supervisory authorities and data subjects.
- You will also create policies that enforce compliance with legislation and deliver GDPR training’sto our staff to increase awareness of data protection measures.
- Identify and evaluate the company’s data processing activities
- Provide advice and instructions on how to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Monitor data management procedures and compliance within the company
- Participate in meetings with managers to ensure privacy by design at all levels
- Maintain records of processing operations
- Ensure we address all queries from data subjects within legal timeframes (e.g. delete their information from our databases)
- Liaise with other organizations that process data on our behalf
- Write and update detailed guides on data protection policies
- Perform audits and determine whether we need to alter our procedures to comply with regulations
- Offer consultation on how to deal with privacy breaches
- Arrange for training on GDPR compliance for employees
- Follow up with changes in law and issue recommendations to ensure compliance.
Requirements and Skills
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification
- 3-5 years Work experience in data protection and legal compliance is a plus
- Solid knowledge of GDPR and national data protection laws
- Knowledge of data processing operations in the company’s sector is preferable
- Familiarity with computer security systems
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ethical, with the ability to remain impartial and report all noncompliance
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using “Data Protection Officer” as the subject of the mail.
To apply for this job please visit uniccongroup.com .