Website Action Against Hunger
Research Officer at Action Against Hunger, Qualified candidates should see the job details below and apply. Click for more Jobs at Action Against Hunger
Job Title: Research Officer
Location: Damaturu, Yobe, Nigeria
Type: Full Time
Depart: Monitoring and Evaluation
Level: Mid Level
Proposed start date: May 2021
Contract duration: 5 months
Direct Line Manager: Deputy Head of M&E
Research Officer at Action Against Hunger
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is recruiting for a Research Officer to join our team in our Damaturu office.
- This person will lead the successful production of evidence-based data, support to the decision making process for strategic orientation, conduct a comparative analysis of the FSL component of the project, information management, documentation and sharing of key research findings.
- Producing high quality and varied research outputs for a range of audiences including analysis, report writing and presentations where necessary on project operations.
- Maintaining database of all research activities/interventions.
- Archiving all finalized research work plans, monthly action plans, and updated databases related to all research activities.
- Analyze and resolve research issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate with AAH M&E Units for appropriate guidance on procedures such as defining research agenda, and methodologies, defining and validation of data tools for use in various research program activities.
- Ensure coordination and collaboration with other technical sector lead during all research processes.
- Conducting both qualitative and quantitative analysis of data collected through interviews, focus groups workshops or other methods.
- Carrying out desktop research, using a range of methods and sources of data, related to inequality and social innovation practice globally.
- Organizing, designing and carrying out qualitative fieldwork.
- Carrying out quantitative data analysis of existing secondary data sets and primary quantitative data, using Excel and/or SPSS.
- Perform day-to-day supervision of enumerators.
- Coordinate with management in budget preparation and expense control activities.
- Maintenance of research database.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager and M&E team, support documentation of key lessons learnt and all learning activities under the SUNNY project initiatives.
- Degree in Economics, Statistics, Demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects;
- At least 3 years of proven experience in the research or M&E of humanitarian or development programs;
- Demonstrated knowledge of research, M&E concepts and international humanitarian quality standards;
- Evidence of past research conducted or contributed tools;
- Experience with mobile data collection (preferred);
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills).
Remuneration / Benefits
- Minimum Basic Salary: 260,244 Naira
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
Application Closing Date
Thursday; 15th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit acfinternational.applytojob.com.