fbpx

Senior Communications Specialist at TechnoServe

Website TechnoServe Nigeria

TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.

Senior Communications Specialist at TechnoServe, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more jobs

 

We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Senior Communications Specialist

Requisition Number: SENIO004228
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Programs
Reports to: Country Director

 

 

Senior Communications Specialist at TechnoServe

 

 

Job Summary

  • The Senior Communications Specialist will support TechnoServe Nigeria country office’s communication strategy, increasing the visibility and profile of TechnoServe as an organization and our work in Nigeria.
  • This will include developing and implementing a communications strategy and plan for the country office, as well as promoting our work across our various areas of excellence.  While the role will focus on the country office’s communications campaign, a large proportion (80%) of the time will be spent promoting our work on the USAID and the Coca-Cola Foundation’s Nigeria Plastic Solutions Alliance Program (NPSAP) – 40%, and the Rockefeller Fortified Parboiled Unpolished Rice Project (FPUR) – 40% at a combined 80% level of effort in documenting success stories and disseminating lessons learned, best practices, and case studies. The remaining 20% will provide communication support to other projects in Technoserve Nigeria as needed.
  • Part of the primary responsibilities will be developing and implementing branding, marketing, and communications strategies.
  • Activities will include earned media outreach, communications coordination between bilaterally funded projects, materials for stakeholder meetings, support for training, and delivering awareness campaigns.
  • This role will also oversee the production of publications and other communication materials.
  • The tasks outlined below are the key responsibilities of the communication specialist. They are expected to adapt to tasks that are necessary within the context of the evolving needs of the project.

Primary Functions & Responsibilities
Country Office Communications:

  • Lead development and implementation of the Nigeria Country Office communications strategy.
  • Work with the Country Director and the Communications team in HQ to build the TechnoServe brand in Nigeria.
  • Enhance the visibility of TechnoServe in Nigeria, especially in the sectors in which we work.
  • Identify opportunities to showcase TechnoServe’s work.
  • Document success stories and disseminate lessons learned in national and regional fora, while identifying platforms to share these successes.
  • Drive in-country communications to internal and external stakeholders.

Project Inception Phase:

  • development and implementation of the program communications strategies
  • Design and implement effective communication approaches to help recruit program participants.

Project implementation:

  • Assist the Country Director, program Managers, and staff with targeted communication products and materials, including technical assistance for writing and editing presentations, speeches, blogs, journal publications, lessons learned documents, and impact reports.
  • Facilitate project communications, including developing materials for stakeholder meetings, training, and awareness campaigns in liaison with the Communications team at HQ and relevant funders and partners.
  • Assist in organizing program events.
  • Identify and develop program success stories through written narrative, photography, and video.
  • Support the dissemination of information and learning to project partners and stakeholders, including supporting the management of communication platforms such as newsletters.
  • Ensure communications are consistent in messaging across the program and aligned with overall goals and strategies.
  • Manage external contractors and agencies that provide design, photos, videos, and communications services.
  • Track opportunities in local media and serve as a point of contact for journalists.
  • Design and implement effective communication approaches to share program learnings and successes both internally and externally using a range of channels.

Basic Qualifications

  • A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or Social Sciences with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in communications and other related fields. Alternatively, 3 years’ experience with a Master’s degree.
  • Experience designing and implementing strategic communication plans, tools, and products for country-level programs and global projects.
  • Experience with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, Canva, WordPress and other graphic design software packages (e.g., Photoshop).

Preferred Qualifications:

  • Exceptional written and verbal communication skills: Ability to craft clear, concise, and engaging content for diverse audiences and channels (e.g., press releases, website copy, social media posts).
  • Excellent editing and proofreading skills: Meticulous attention to detail for error-free communication.
  • Strong storytelling ability: Captivate audiences and compellingly convey complex information.
  • Active listening and understanding: Effectively gather information and tailor communication accordingly.
  • Understanding of digital marketing principles: Leverage online channels for effective communication outreach.
  • Expertise in crafting various content formats (press releases, website copy, social media posts, media kits, etc.).
  • Data analysis and reporting: Track communication performance and measure impact.

Required Languages:

  • Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English. Any other secondary languages like French or  any of the local languages or dialects in the states where the projects are being implemented (e.g. Yoruba, Hausa, Ibo or Pidgin English.

Travel:

  • 30% travel in country to project states..

Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:

  • Understanding audience analysis, message development, channel selection, and communication strategy.
  • Detail-oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills.
  • Proven facilitation and collaboration skills working with multi-level stakeholders, including technical and subject matter experts, government agencies, local partners, researchers and others.
  • Proven ability to organize and share information effectively.
  • Knowledge of how communication supports marketing goals and brand awareness.
  • Understanding the specific sector or industry is advantageous.

Application Closing Date
Not Specified.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online

To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.

About the author

Nnamdi Nwachukwu

An amazing writer with over 3 years of experience working in the Marketing, Education, and Sports firms.

I will write you outstanding SEO optimized content for your blog or website