Website Action Against Hunger
Deputy Head of Department – Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning at Action Against Hunger, Qualified Candidates should Apply. Click for more NGO Jobs.
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Deputy Head of Department – Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Head of Department MEAL
Proposed start date: May 2022
Job Categorty: Monitoring and Evaluation
Deputy Head of Department – Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning at Action Against Hunger
Table of Contents
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Deputy Head of Department MEAL who will be responsible for ensuring the MEAL teams are implementing an effective system to monitor the progress, outcomes, impacts and successes of project activities and performance at all levels.
- Support the HOD MEAL in ensuring appropriate and rigorous MEAL systems are developed to guide project start-up, implementation, adjustment, accountability and learning in compliance with ACF’s MEAL guidelines and minimum requirements for MEAL;
- Ensure systemized data collection, mobile data collection systems and other technologies to strengthen monitoring and reporting of activities;
- Coordinate with field teams during preparation of comprehensive MEAL plans for each project to capture quantitative and qualitative data for project performance tracking and reporting;
- Support field health, nutrition, FSL and WASH teams to design the framework for the physical and process monitoring of project activities;
- Support development and revision of internal and external reports, ensuring compliance with donor requirements and that reports reflect an actual representation of field implementation activities and results based on MEAL findings;
- To support MEAL HOD to build capacity of the MEAL department staff on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning related topics, through trainings, coaching and mentoring;
- Support the MEAL HOD to organize and coordinate mid-term reviews, learning workshops/review of program work plans with program teams at field level and other stakeholders;
- Review documentation of project activities with clear articulation of lessons learned, case studies and short articles for each project for internal and external sharing;
- In collaboration with MEAL HOD, ensure proper budget follow up for MEAL budget lines per project;
- To represent ACF at state level and where appropriate, cluster, working groups, workshops and strategic think tanks related to the department;
- To proactively collaborate with national authorities, ACF counterparts and staff, partner agencies and consortia/alliances/partnerships.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Statistics, Demography or related field with at least 6 years of professional experience working in the humanitarian context, or Master’s Degree in any specified fields with at least 4 years of relevant experience;
- Previous experience working with NGOs/INGOs covering multi-sectorial programming, in the domain of MEAL
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills)
- Relevant professional certifications in M&E Fields will be an added advantage
Starting Gross Basic Salary
- NGN718,840 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, and free and direct access to the Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
28th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit acfinternational.applytojob.com.