Website Action Against Hunger
Nutrition and Health Officer at Action Against Hunger, Interested candidates should see the job details. Click for more Jobs at Action Against Hunger
Job Title: Nutrition and Health Officer
Location: Maiduguri / Damasak, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – Nutrition and Health
Experience Level: Mid Level
Reporting To: Nutrition and Health Programme Manager
Proposed Start Date: November, 2021
Nutrition and Health Officer at Action Against Hunger
- We are currently looking for a Nutrition & Health officer who will support the nutrition and health PM in the day-to-day implementation and completion of health project activities throughout the project life cycle.
- This involves providing oversight and supervision of health care for health facilities ran by State and LGAs and supported by AAH.
- Update tracking tool to monitor programme screening based data on acute malnutrition, collect health facility based disease surveillance reports and update morbidity reporting tool for assigned health facilities/LGAs.
- Participate with M&E team in supervision of data collection for nutrition and health assessments.
- Liaise with nutrition and health assistants for accessing community support group database, health facility database on a regular basis and updating overall health facility based activities.
- Ensure that all health facilities/sites have adequate supplies to deliver uninterrupted health care services through identifying needs, informing line manager on regular basis.
- Support nutrition and health assistants on developing customized need specific guidance notes on IMCI, ANC/PNC, delivery service for on job coaching on different modules based on national protocol.
- Regularly report and coordinate with line manager regarding challenges, issues faced in the field for timely and appropriate decision-making.
- Ensure regular contact with MoH service providers and LGA health authorities to receive service delivery report in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update database for health workers, community health workers/volunteers, trainings and share with line manager.
- Support the Nutrition and Health Programme Manager in organizing LGA based coordination meeting.
- Ensure that all children and patients visiting AAH supported health facilities are properly examined and treated according to national health and nutritional protocols and standards.
- Identify gaps for WASH in health facilities and inform the Nutrition and Health Programme Manager on a regular basis.
- Facilitate quarterly review meetings/workshops with respective government health managers at State/LGA level.
- Organize training for Government nurses/midwives on CMAM, integrated management of childhood illnesses and ANC/PNC and delivery service provision in close collaboration with PM/MPM.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Midwifery, Public Health or other relevant qualifications with experience in Public Health and CMAM programming.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in primary health care and Nutrition program including experience in inpatient SAM treatment.
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Team management experience with similar programs.
- Ability to observe and to provide feedback on the activities.
- Ability to manage staff according to local culture and organization policies.
- An excellent report-writing skill is required including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa.
Starting Gross Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- N281,063 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
29th October, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit acfinternational.applytojob.com.