Website Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit
Junior Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs
The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (German Agency for International Cooperation) is an international enterprise owned by the German Federal government, operating in many fields across more than 130 countries.
In Nigeria, GIZ’s portfolio includes among others, a programme to support the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) in its regional integration goals. The programme aims to strengthen sector-specific capacities in the areas of Peace and Security, Customs and Trade as weir as Strategic Management and Organizational Development in the ECOWAS Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor
VA No: 038
Organization: GIZ Nigeria, Skills for Youth Employment in Nigeria (SKYE)
Contract Duration: Contract runs till April 2023, with possibility of extension for another three (3) years.
Junior Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit
Table of Contents
- GIZ. Working together for change – As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment promotion, energy and the environment, and peace and security.
- The diverse expertise of our federal enterprise is in demand around the globe – from the German Government, European Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector and governments of other countries. We work with businesses, civil society actors and research institutions, fostering successful interaction between development policy and other policy fields and areas of activity.
- Our main commissioning party is the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The registered offices of GIZ are in Bonn and Eschborn. Our approximately 23,500 employees, almost 70 percent of whom are national personnel, work in a round 120 countries (July 2020)
- GIZ has worked in Nigeria since 1974. From 2004, GIZ has maintained a country office in the capital city Abuja. Currently 361 national and 66 international employees, 19 regional staff, 4 integrated specialists and 3 development workers are working in the country (June 2020).
Skills Development for Youth Employment (SKYE) Programme:
- The GIZ Programme “Skills for Youth Employment in Nigeria (SKYE)” supports the diversification of the economy in Nigeria through the promotion of demand oriented technical and agricultural vocational training and education (A/VET).
- Apart from the sectors agriculture and construction, the project is focusing mainly on the automotive, ICT and other sectors.
- The strategy of the project is to improve the synergy between measures on the demand side for employment (i.e. skilled persons that followed vocational qualification measures, formal and informal TVET and Agricultural-VET (ATVET) measures) with those of the employment supply side (i.e. promotion of a pro-employment environment in the private sector through e.g. job centers, job fairs, short-term training and internship programmes, etc.).
- The purpose is to develop the matchmaking between the supply and demand of skilled labor force and hence to contribute to the decrease of youth unemployment in the country.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Maintenance of SKYEs planning, monitoring and evaluation system.
- Supporting the establishment and implementation of M&E systems for specific sub-projects of SKYE components
- Conducting (or organizing) evaluation and impact studies for specific sub-projects of SKYE components
- Supporting the management of SKYE.
- Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) (in cooperation with communication advisor):
- Support partners on developing and implementing M&E system and tools
- Support in–field supervision of key M&E activities
- Assist with data management, cleaning, and data quality
- Collection and analysis data received from partners M&E activities, and reporting findings in the formats required
- Conducting, or supporting trainings for partners regarding data collection and collation
- Support in Conducting quantitative and qualitative primary research
- Follow-up with partners across implementing states on employment placement
- Assist with the design and development of forms and questionnaires for data collection and analysis according to changing needs
- Support the team with blended learning courses.
- Evaluation and Impact Studies (in cooperation with research and evaluation advisor):
- Identify the need for studies that evaluate the results of sub-projects of SKYE components.
- Identify the need studies that measure the impact of SKYE interventions on target groups
- Support assessing the sustainability of SKYE results and drafting sustainability plans for sub-projects
- Design and implement evaluation and impact studies
- Analyse data and results of evaluation and impact studies
- Prepare evaluation and impact study reports.
- Management support:
- Assist in preparing data, facts and figures for SKYEs communication materials
- Assist in conducting management and team meetings
- Conduct any other task as requested by the head of programme.
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Social Sciences or similar and relevant field.
- At least 3 years professional experience in M&E, research and data analysis
- At least 5 years of general work experience
Desired Knowledge and Skill:
- Have a relevant graduate degree (or have equivalent relevant experience)
- Have excellent communication, writing and analytical skills
- Have a high level of computer literacy
- Have advanced quantitative skills, including good knowledge of statistical programs and Excel
- Ability to manage changing circumstances and find collaborative solutions to ensure the project’s needs are met
- Ability to manage diverse activities, stakeholders and meet deadlines required
- Demonstrate an understanding of international development issues
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and/or lead the efforts to effectively meet M&E needs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Willing to travel to implementation locations.
According to GIZ Nigeria Salary scale for Band 3.
Application Closing Date
22nd April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Letter of Motivation as one document with complete contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Vacancy No. 038 as the subject of the email.
- GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com