21search Limited is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Fleet Manager, Interested persons should see the job details and apply. See more General Jobs
Job Title: Fleet Manager
Company: 21search Limited
About 21search Limited
21search Limited situated in the heart of Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria. 21Search focuses on deploying its resources towards providing a range of Manpower and Administrative Services tailored to meet your needs.
Fleet Manager at 21Search Limited
- We are looking for a Fleet Manager who can work closely with its contract and full-time drivers to minimize expenditures and deliver the highest possible level of service to its customers.
- The ideal fleet manager would be responsible for route scheduling, vehicle maintenance, Drivers’ supervision and management, ensuring compliance with safety regulations and legal requirements, budget preparation and management, training new employees, and purchasing new company vehicles.
- He/she will also be responsible for the analytics of fleet efficiency and reports.
- Schedule transportation routes per geopolitical zones with particular movement plans.
- Ensure regular vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Responsible for the decision on the purchase of company vehicles.
- Responsible for hiring and training of drivers, monitor driver’s performance and effect sanctions when necessary.
- Maintain and manage relationships with mechanic hubs across Nigeria (divided by the 6 geopolitical zones).
- Collaborate with human resources and business manager to add quality drivers to the fleet.
- Develop a strategy for decreasing vehicle maintenance cost; work closely with the maintenance team to find ways to reduce downtime due to repairs or routine maintenance.
- Assist drivers to create the most efficient routes.
- Create reports of trucks and drivers’ effectiveness to be regularly analyzed for department efficiency.
- Meeting regularly with drivers and maintenance team members to discuss ways to meet or exceed corporate revenue goals.
- Ensures fleet compliance to all road and vehicle regulations and laws; Nigeria Highway Code, road signs, and necessary documentation.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Logistics or related degree.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in fleet management.
- A certification in fleet management or logistics will be an advantage.
- Ability to effectively co-ordinate drivers and engineers is mandatory.
- Great organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to analyze large sets of data and draw conclusions
- Excellent attention to details
- Great knowledge of vehicles
- Ability to manage recoveries.
You may also want to apply for;
- Technical Procurement Lead at Egbin Power Plc
- Community Liaison Office Assistant (CLO Assistant) at
- Consultant (Intern) – Customer-Facing
- Support Engineer (Intern) – Customer-Facing
- Microsoft Recruitment | 2020 Job Openings
- SPIE Oil & Gas Services Recruitment 2020
- Urgent Jobs in Port Harcourt 2020
- N-power Job Opening Date and Job Requirement
- Health and Safety Supervisor at White Soul Motors
- General Manager – Operations at White Soul
- IT Project Manager at Conclase Consulting
- May & Baker Nigeria Plc Latest Job openings
Application Deadline: 31st July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Fleet Manager”.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com