Website Jhpiego Nigeria
Program Assistant at Jhpiego Nigeria, Interested applicants should see job details and apply. Click for more Jobs at Jhpiego Nigeria
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Program Assistant at Jhpiego Nigeria
- The Program Assistant will support the implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of the Momentum Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) Quality of Care (QoC) project being implemented at the national and state level.
- This includes assisting with the development of work plans, project documentation, liaising with FMOH, NPHCDA and SMoH/SPHCDA staff, other partners and donors regarding implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs.
- Support program coordination and monitor implementation at the national and state level
- Support development, implementation and monitoring of work plan and budgets.
- Support the program to provide appropriate coordination, logistics and administrative support e.g. agenda, minutes of meetings, reports, activity profiles and budgets, Goods Request and Services forms (GRS), travel authorization, request forms, retirements and preparing documents for participants payment and following up to ensure payments by finance.
- Work closely with technical and program staff to ensure quality implementation of programs and monitor overall project level spending.
- Work with MCGL QoC project consultants to support implementation of trainings, services, research, learning and other aspects of the program.
- Support the team to collect and collate information and develop success stories from all aspects of the programme.
- Support the program in coordinating technical assistance for program implementation, including all logistics for training at the National and State level.
- Contribute to report writing, annual work plans, project monitoring tracking matrices, target implementation plan and relevant reports as required.
- Other duties as necessary or as assigned.
- A Degree or equivalent experience in Public Health, Sociology, or related health, Medical, or Social Science discipline.
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/RMNCH programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements is desirable.
- 2-3 years’ experience in the administration of public health programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in RMNCH and quality of care programs.
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health systems and reporting structure and ability to support the collaboration with government level officials to strengthen program implementation.
- Excellent skills in logistics, planning and organization of programs
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for reports and development of PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to travel frequently across the states in Nigeria.
- References will be required.
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations is desirable.
- Experience in maintaining donor relations desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position applied for and the location e.g. “Program Assistant Abuja” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
24th February, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com