Website eHealth Africa
Manager, Human Resources at eHealth Africa, Qualified candidates should see the job details. Click for more Jobs
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Human Resources
Employment Type: Full-time
Manager, Human Resources at eHealth Africa
Purpose of the position
- The Manager, of Human Resources, guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs.
- S/he serves as a strategic partner, aligning business objectives with employees and management.
What You’ll Do
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Plans, organize and manages all activities of the department.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems. Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of the department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Keeps the organization in compliance with governmental regulations related to labor laws and employee rights.
- Develops, recommends, implements, monitors, and modifies personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbooks on policies and procedures and staff code of conduct.
- Prepares and administers all human resources budgets, reports, and surveys.
- Responsible for employee relations strategies ensuring consistent interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures throughout the organization.
- Provides employee relations support and coaching to management and staff.
- Manages the human resources information system through efficient and accurate data accumulation, processing, and retrieval.
- Determines business information reporting needs and ensures data integrity and timely reporting.
- Responsible for the supervision of HR staff in charge of recruiting, testing, interviewing, and reviewing the qualifications of potential candidates and prospective employees.
- Recommending, rejecting, or referring applicants with satisfactory qualifications to hiring managers for further consideration.
- Tracks current labour supply trends and maintains a database of potential candidates.
- Participates in all middle and senior-level interviews for potential candidates.
- May assist international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions, transfers.
- Designs develops, implements, and monitors all organization employee compensation and benefits policies, practices, and programs.
- Implements and annually updates compensation programs; rewrites job descriptions as needed; conducts annual salary surveys to keep the wage and salary structure equitable with comparable firms within the industry.
- Plans, organizes, and directs health education and wellness programs to meet organizational goals and employee needs.
- Identifies training needs of the organisation. Develops and provides training which includes managerial development and vocational training.
- Evaluates and monitors success of training programs and ensure training objectives are met.
- Outsource and manage outside training services as needed.
- Manages and monitors the biannual Performance Management System (PMS) process.
- Manages workers’ compensation, health benefits issues, back to work program, and the safety program for employees.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Manages the monthly payroll process
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive and cooperative team spirit.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and training provided by eHA.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Any additional activities related to HR not mentioned above
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Directly supervises employees holding positions of Country HR Manager.
Who You Are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- B.Sc and a Master’s Degree in a related field. Professional certification is necessary
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience, at least 2years in a managerial role NGO experience is an added advantage.
- Exhibit skill to develop and design Strategic objectives and clear direction for the entire department.
- Excellent relationship management, goal and result-oriented.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, the ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, positive attitude, high energy
- Experience working with global operations and multiple worksite locations
- Ability to lead a team and foster a productive teamwork environment.
- Coaching and mentoring team members, including providing timely and meaningful feedback.
- In depth knowledge of compensation, benefits, HR systems, employment law and compliance, global mobility.
- Experience supporting diversity; Ability to take charge and motivate; Detail-oriented; Adaptable to swift program changes; Strong coaching skills ; Proactive problem solving;
- Ability to travel, domestic and international, in support of project requirements.
- Proficiency working with ATS software and Google drive (especially across organizational projects).
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Senior Human Resources Professional (SPHR), Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR) is preferred.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit ehealthafrica.bamboohr.com.