Website Georgetown Global Health Nigeria
Georgetown Global Health Nigeria (GGHN) is a Non-profit, Non-Governmental Organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery and research, using local and internationally adapted models to strengthen health systems through our operational offices in Abuja, Bauchi, Jigawa, Niger, Katsina, and Kano states, respectively.
Human Resources (HR) Consultant at Georgetown Global Health Nigeria, Suitably qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources (HR) Consultant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Human Resources (HR) Consultant at Georgetown Global Health Nigeria (GGHN)
- We are seeking a qualified consultant with expertise to assist us in various HR-related initiatives, projects, and processes to improve our human resources management and overall organizational effectiveness.
- Currently, GGHN receives funding from multiple donors to collaborate with the Federal Government of Nigeria and the State equivalent to implement public health programs through the provision of Clinical, Monitoring and Evaluation, Program Management, Health Surveys, Surveillance, Research, and health-related training services.
- To achieve this feat, professionally competent hands with requisite clinical and field experience from the State’s workforce are needed to complement our workforce. This also serves as an opportunity to transfer knowledge on the project and help build the capacities of the Staff.
- As an organization, GGHN recognizes the importance of having a well-structured and efficient human resources (HR) function to support our mission and objectives.
- We seek to engage a consultant who can provide valuable insights, recommendations, and support to enhance our HR practices.
- Consultant here applies specifically to an individual or organization that will provide this HR knowledge, advice, or services as contained in the scope of work below.
The primary objectives of this consultancy are as follows:
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of our current HR policies, procedures, and practices.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in HR management, including recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, compensation and benefits, and employee relations.
- Assist in the development of an HR strategy aligned with our organizational goals.
- Create and implement a plan for talent acquisition and management.
- Offer guidance on diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Provide training and capacity-building for our HR staff.
- Develop and implement an HR communication plan.
Scope of Work
The consultant will be responsible for:
- Conducting a thorough review of our existing HR policies, procedures, and practices, including the GGHN’s electronic HR enterprise solution called FITZONE.
- Engaging with key stakeholders, including HR staff and senior management, to gather insights and input.
- Assisting in the development of an HR strategy and best practices that are inclusive but not limited to performance goal setting, appraisals, promotions, recruitment, salary scale alignments, etc.
- Creating an actionable plan for talent acquisition and management
- Providing training and capacity-building for all GGHN staff- including Effective Communication, Emotional Intelligence, and Leadership Skills.
- Provide relevant training tools and resources to support the learning process.
- Offering post-training support and guidance to our staff as needed.
- To carry out reference checks on all the staff of the organization
- Preparing a detailed report with findings and recommendations.
The consultant will be expected to deliver the following:
- Complete reference checks for all staff.
- A comprehensive HR assessment report, including findings and recommendations.
- A comprehensive updated HR package that would be plugged into the GGHN electronic HR module on FITZONE.
- An HR strategy aligned with organizational goals.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion guidelines and initiatives.
- Training materials and sessions for staff that would be plugged into FITZONE.
- The consultancy is expected to start on the 13th of November 2023 and conclude on the 11th of December 2023. The specific timeline for each deliverable will be mutually agreed upon between GGHN and the consultant.
Reporting and Communication:
- The consultant will report to the Human Resources Manager overseeing the project’s progress. Regular communication and status updates will be required, with a frequency to be determined during the contract negotiation phase.
- The budget for this consultancy will be discussed and agreed upon during the negotiation phase. The budget should cover all consultancy fees, travel expenses (if applicable), and other associated costs.
- The success of this consultancy will be evaluated based on the quality of deliverables, their alignment with the objectives, and the overall impact on GGHN ’s HR practices.
- The consultant must sign a confidentiality agreement to protect the organization’s sensitive information.
Terms and Conditions:
- The terms and conditions of this consultancy will be discussed and agreed upon in a separate contract.
Application Closing Date
9th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified individuals and firms can apply providing the following required documentation:
- Registration documents, e.g., Certificate of Incorporation, Form C07, Form C02, Memorandum / Article of Association, and Tax Number (TIN).
- Tax Clearance
- Evidence of Physical Business Address
- Company Profile
- Evidence of at least 2 similar projects / contracts carried out with similar organizations(Purchase Order or contract Award letters)
- Reference letter from the previous Clients from item 5 above.
All documents must be zipped together and sent as an email to: email@example.com using “HR Consultant” as the subject of the mail.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org