Website Ikore International Development Limited
Ikore is an international development organization proffering innovative solutions to drive sustainable social and enterprise development. Working in economically deprived places and vulnerable communities torn apart by instability across Nigeria and providing solutions that support inefficient markets and communities is implementing an agricultural mechanization service intervention aimed at enhancing access of smallholder farmers to affordable and sustainable mechanization services in Nigeria. The project aims to create work opportunities for mechanization service providers, tractor operators, and others in the mechanization value chain. The project’s primary target is young men and women in peri-urban and rural communities, providing bundled mechanization services. Ultimately, the project focuses on capacity-building, affordable last-mile services, financial inclusion, technology integration, and policy enhancement.
Human Resources Manager at Ikore International Development Limited, Interested candidates should see the job details and apply. Click for more Jobs
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Human Resources Manager at Ikore International Development Limited
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for coordinating all administrative activities related to the project’s personnel.
- He/she will develop systems and strategies for recruiting and managing external staff during the project’s implementation phase, as well as staff payroll and benefits management.
- Develop, communicate, and implement, in collaboration with senior management., organization-wide human resources policies, procedures, and guidelines in compliance with labor laws, organizational regulations, and project objectives.
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies to attract and retain qualified personnel for the project’s implementation phase.
- Manage project recruitment process, including job postings, resume screening, interviews, and selection.
- Support in finalizing negotiations and preparing documentation including remuneration package attached to offers for new hires in close coordination with senior management.
- Oversee all aspects of staff management throughout the project lifecycle. This includes onboarding and staff orientation, grievance redress, conflict resolution, feedback, performance evaluations, and disciplinary actions, in collaboration with the team lead and operations manager.
- Create and sustain a positive work environment where everyone feels safe and satisfied.
- Provide team members with information, tools, and other resources to improve productivity and achieve objectives.
- Identify training needs and facilitate learning opportunities to enhance employee skills, knowledge, and capabilities through several channels.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Organizational Psychology, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Industrial Relations, Human Resource Management, or any other relevant field.
- At least four years of progressive experience in human resource management, spanning multiple areas (recruitment, selection, orientation, and talent management/retention), preferably in the context of development projects and organizations.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian Labour Act, benefits administration, recruitment, talent retention, etc.
- Ability to communicate, influence, and solve problems effectively across diverse cultures with sensitivity.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, conflict management, and organizational skills to build and sustain project and staff relationships.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to maintain high ethical standards and ensure confidentiality of sensitive employee information. Adhering to professional codes of conduct and promoting a culture of trust and integrity.
Application Closing Date
29th February, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter as one document (PDF or Word) with complete contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Applications will be reviewed, and online interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates before finalists are invited for on-site interviews.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com