Website Medecins Sans Frontieres
Humanitarian Affairs Officer at Medecins Sans Frontieres, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more NGO Jobs.
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Humanitarian Affairs Officer
Job Code: OS01400
Location: Shinkafi, Zamfara
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Period: 6 months (With possibility of extension)
Humanitarian Affairs Officer at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Table of Contents
- Contribute to the development of humanitarian affairs activities in the Mission by supporting the Management Coordination Team in the analysis of context, humanitarian situation, security and in the definition of advocacy strategies, according to MSF policies and values, in order to improve the humanitarian and human rights situation among the population.
- Perform data collection and research concerning local and international context, with regards to security, medical, nutritional and humanitarian issues, in order to provide reliable information for further decision-making.
- Support the Head of Mission and field coordinators in the analysis of the data collected, in order to better orientate the programmes and projects, to provide an optimal response to population needs.
- Compile regular updates of the ongoing (inter-)national activities and plans of NGO’s, UN, ICRC, donors, authorities and other actors on lobby, policy and operational plans and initiatives in order to adequate MSF ’s activities and objectives.
- Collaborate with the HoM, the Operational/Humanitarian Affairs Department at HQ and other relevant parties to develop a coherent global strategy, in order to address the humanitarian situation.
- Define and review messages, tools, lobbying activities and other advocacy action plans and strategies, in order to raise all humanitarian issues in the mission and seek assistance and protection to affected population.
- Ensure smooth working relationship with local authorities, other NGO’s, local communities and other factors, in order to facilitate MSF teams a better access to the population and improve MSF activities’ coordination with third parties.
- Organize discussions, trainings, briefings, etc. about human rights and humanitarian law issues and current and future advocacy activities, in order to raise awareness of MSF staff regarding these matters.
- Participates in the elaboration and updating of the Country Risk Analysis
- Promotes and assists in the implementation of advocacy activities locally, nationally and internationally.
- Supervises humanitarian affairs related staff in the Mission.
- Provide technical support to MSF staff for the identification, anticipation, mitigation and response to protection concerns, both at the individual level and at population dimensions.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Community Engagement or related studies.
- Project management experience, coaching and training.
- 2 years of field humanitarian experience in similar contexts (conflict, displacement resource-poor environments).
- Mission language essential.
- Hausa language desirable.
- Computer literacy (database design/analysis, MS package, and internetbased research).
- 208 working hours per month.
According to MSF National Salary Scale.
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.