Website Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
ICT Supervisor at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF). Interested persons should see the job detail and apply. See more Humanitarian Jobs.
Job Title: ICT Supervisor
Agency: Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Report to: Logistics Coordinator
Report to (functional): Logistics Coordinator/ IT Technical Referent at HQ
Area: Logistics & Supply
Working Hours: 48 per week
Contract Duration: Six (06)
About Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
ICT Supervisor at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Supervising and monitoring the implementation of the systems and communications’ software and hardware in the mission, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient use of ICT systems and equipment.
- Installs, maintains and monitors, the ICT systems and equipment in the mission (capital and projects)
- Supervises, plans and provides network security, supports and trains users, applies security management protocols (back-ups, anti-malware, updates and software patching, firewall protection, radioprotection, etc.)
- Registers, reports and refers unsolved questions, problems and unusual requests, to the respective support units in order to actively provide solutions and ensure quality standards
- Trains local IT assistants on daily maintenance tasks and 1st level support, as well as the radio operators in order to improve ICT staff capabilities and to improve lead time response
- Together with the Logistics Coordinator, analyses the ICT needs of the mission draws up a draft of the ICT budget and designs an adapted strategy aiming to optimize the investment on information and communication technology
- Identifies and implements Information management practices to enhance the mission system’s effectiveness and reliability (development, check-up, deployment of applications, systems or new ITC standards, etc.)
- Compares quality of equipment, software and internet providers/services, in order to optimize buying.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities:
- 50% of the time in the projects: Zamfara, Gwoza, Maiduguri and Pulka
- Monthly reports to Logco registering all the activities, problems, solutions proposed and plans for the following month
- Responsible for updating monthly IT material inventory, location, passwords and status
- Responsible for configuring computers and printers according to MSF standards and programmes
- In collaboration with the field, logs follow the radio set up in the projects: the adequate signal of HF and VHF, operational bases, antennas, car equipment and handsets
- Supports fields in drafting the orders of spares and replacements
- Daily Vsat monitoring in projects for internet connectivity.
- Essential: advanced diploma in IT.
- Desirable: Degree in technical engineering.
- At least 2 years in IT-related jobs. Desirable experience in radio.
- Desirable experience in administration and recovery of backups (MS, C, Veritas, etc.).
- Essential good command of ICT English, working knowledge of English and Hausa.
- Administration of Operational Systems (XP-Pro, W7, W2003 Server, Linux)
- MS Office 2003/2007/2010, Protocols: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN,
- Microsoft Networks configuration and set up (network components –switch and routers-, Ethernet, wifi, Bluetooth), Picture creation: ISO, MDF, CSO, etc.
- Apps development languages: platforms.NET, Java, Eclipse RCP
- Configuration and set up of networks: Desktops, Laptops and peripheric
- Mail clients: Outlook, Mozilla, Lotus. Antivirus: Kaspersky
- Other: SAP R3, Citrix, Remote Desktop Access.
- Results and Quality Orientation L2, Teamwork and Cooperation L2, Behavioural Flexibility L2,
- Commitment to MSF Participles L2, Stress Management L3
- 3,949,153 NGN (Basic salary + 13th Month) As per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
Application Deadline: 10th July, 2020 at 1700 hours.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click to Apply Online
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.