Website Search for Common Ground
Intern (Transformative Dialogues on the Comitas Project) at Search for Common Ground, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
We are inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern (Transformative Dialogues on the Comitas Project)
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Contract (March – June 2022)
Intern (Transformative Dialogues on the Comitas Project) at Search for Common Ground
Table of Contents
About The Project
- The Adamawa state project is an 18-months project aimed at Contributing to the mitigation of conflict over natural resources between farmer and herder communities in Adamawa state in an equitable, inclusive and sustainable manner.
- COMITAS will cover Demsa, Numan, Lamurde, Girei and Mayo Belwa Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Adamawa State.
- Search’ expertise in community mobilization will be used to mobilize an early response to address the early warning signals.
- To achieve this, Search will formally establish community response networks.
- These will include religious leaders, women leaders, youth leaders, and school teachers, representatives of the Police, Union representatives, e.g. Nigerian Union of Road and Transport Workers Community response Workers (NURTW), representatives of community-based organizations, and representatives of farmer and herder associations. These structures will be trained extensively to achieve the results in the project locations.
- S/he will work in close contact with the EWER Coordinator and in close coordination with the Project team.
- The position is based in Yola with frequent travel to the field when needed.
Objectives for the Engagement of an Intern(s):
- The EWER component of the COMITAS Project requires interns who will provide support towards achieving our dialogue sessions in our 10 project communities.
- The objective of the dialogue sessions is primarily to bring together farmers and herders through dialogues.
- The intern will support the facilitation consultants on roles, duties and deliverables as may be assigned to him/her.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Dialogue Interns
- Participate planning the implementation of transformative dialogues with the EWER team and dialogue facilitation consultants
- Participate in efforts to Create and nurture a positive working relationship with relevant stakeholders
- Support the timely and successful implementation of transformative dialogues
- Create and maintain a database of all relevant contacts engaged during the dialogues
- Communicate with relevant project stakeholders and mobilize them to ensure their participation in the project’s activities
- Support in the reporting on dialogue activities by ensuring timely reporting of dialogue activities in coordination with the dialogue implementation team.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Political Science, Conflict and Peacebuilding Studies, International Relations, Sociology, Psychology or related fields;
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and in a diverse workplace.
- Had volunteered with Search or any other INGO and understands Search’s ethics.
- Has attended Search’s training in the past (desired but not required).
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight time frames and handle multiple tasks.
- Has a good understanding of the context in the five Local Government Areas we are working in.
- Analytical skills – ability to analyze data from different perspectives
- Interpersonal, Coordination, and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Understanding English, Hausa, and Fulfulde languages is a plus factor
- Ability to work under stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Have a fair working knowledge of IT tools (e.g. Internet, MS Office, and Excel).
Duration of the Activity:
- The activity will be for 4 months (March – June 2022).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.