Website Egbin Power Plc
Internal Audit Officer at Egbin Power Plc, Qualified Candidates should Apply. Click for more jobs
Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the ever-rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
Internal Audit Officer at Egbin Power Plc
Table of Contents
- Assist in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the company’s internal controls and compliance with regulations in order to ensure continuous improvement of the overall business operations of Egbin Power Plc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting ongoing reviews of all operational processes and procedures
- Conducting evaluations of the company to assess risk and compliance with regulations in order to ensure continuous improvement of the overall business operations of Egbin Power Plc.
- Assist in conducting risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks
- Reports breaches on internal control policies
- Evaluate departmental risk registers review & follow up on action plans
- Regular review of company’s compliance with regulatory requirements
- Regular review of procurement quotations and budget control form
- Periodic inventory count and resolution of outstanding inventory issues
- Conduct verification of replaced spares and tools
- Regular review of compliance with NCC dispatch tools
- Periodic evaluation of cash count and fuel dip
- Plans financial, regulatory, compliance and operational reviews/audits.
- Partakes in audit procedures to verify that controls are in place
- Conducts validity test on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Researches for update on technical subjects required to support audits (e.g. Basel III, OSFI Guidelines, market risk, etc.).
- Assist in preparing audit reports for management.
- Assess, evaluate and promote compliance with Egbin’s internal policies.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any relevant course
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. CIA, ICAN, ACCA, etc).
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of relevant experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Strong report writing skills
- Good analytical and investigative skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook
- Proficiency in other accounting soft wares & applications
- Must posses a strong moral code
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Good investigative skills.
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2022.
To apply for this job please visit www.surveymonkey.com.