Website Saroafrica International Limited
Saroafrica International Limited (‘Saro’) is an indigenous private sector player with 3 decades of experience in Nigeria. Saro has five Subsidiaries (Saro Agrosciences, Saro Lifecare, Saro Agro-Allied, Gossy Warm Spring and Saro Oil Palm) and two Joint Ventures (AgriseedCo and Green Hills Agricultural Products). Saroafrica is set to become a leading consumer, manufacturing, FMCG and integrated agricultural value chain group. In pursuit of this ambition Saroafrica is making significant investment in a Palm Plantation and Cassava to Ethanol Plant.
Job Vacancies at Saroafrica International Limited, Suitably Qualified applicants should Apply. Click for more jobs at Saroafrica
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Vacancies at Saroafrica International Limited
Job Title: Workshop Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties / Responsibilities
- Organize all Mechanical Workshop Activities
- Maintain a team of properly trained mechanics, commensurate to the needs of the operations; recommend new hires and layoffs when required
- Recommend and monitor (in coordination with the Stores Manager) a stock of critical spare parts for maintenances and repairs of the heavy and light duty equipment of the Company
- Organize and plan, in coordination with all Departments, preventive maintenance of all thermic engines, machinery and equipment, including Gensets
- Organize and plan in advance trainings for tractor drivers and heavy-duty equipment operators
- Report regularly on activities, and issue strategic recommendations to the Technical Director and the Managing Director with regards to adequacy of equipment, training needs and any other relevant aspect.
Machine Shop Basics:
- Examine the defective machinery and equipment to determine the nature and location of these defects.
- Disassemble the machine or equipment, wholly or partly to establish the worn or damaged parts and establish a properly documented diagnostic for future reference.
- Repair or replace defective parts. (If necessary, using machine tools and other specialised equipment, carry out metal cutting, rectifications, planning and shaping and construction of other missing parts).
- Assemble the pieces, carrying out as additional machining work if necessary to ensure precise fit.
- Check the equipment is completely reassembled and make the necessary adjustments.
- Check, adjust and lubricate machinery and equipment.
- Perform other works to maintain machinery or equipment in good working condition.
Education and Experience
- Excellent knowledge in the field of Technical Management (minimum training level Technical Engineer).
- B.Eng in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field (minimum of Second Class Upper division)
- Should have 10 years of industry experience in a mechanical workshop out of which 5 years should be in managerial role
- Experience with light and heavy-duty machinery (Komatsu, JCB, Caterpillar) is a must
- Fair knowledge of generating sets (Perkins, Cummins, etc.) will be desired
- Understanding of use of lathe machines for fabrications is an added advantage
- Age Requirement: 30 – 45 years old.
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit saroafrica.com.