Website Lagos State University
Lagos State Government Professorial Chair of Transport Studies at Lagos State University, Qualified Candidates should Apply. Click for more Government Jobs
The Lagos State University (LASU), located at Ojo, was established as a Public University in 1983 by the enabling law of Lagos State. Established with the vision of pursuing the advancement of learning and academic excellence, the university has been unrelenting in the pursuit of its mission of becoming a citadel of learning, a community with the trademark of excellence in teaching, research and service to humanity, a catalyst as well as an agent for development.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant academic position below in the School of Transport, Lagos State University:
Title: Lagos State Government Professorial Chair of Transport Studies
Lagos State Government Professorial Chair of Transport Studies at Lagos State University
Table of Contents
- The endowed professorship (or Endowed Chair) is a position that draws a monthly salary and other allowances from the endowment fund specifically set up for that purpose and specifically for scholarly/creative/research support.
- The occupant of the chair must, among others, have an acceptable academic orientation or focus and should be able to organise one or more public lectures annually.
- He/ She will also engage in advanced research in his/her area of specialization and submit an annual report of his/her activities to the Vice-Chancellor. This report is then forwarded to the donor of the Chair Lagos State Government.
The Chair aims at obtaining global expertise to strengthen research and teaching in transport studies. The Professor appointed to the Chair will:
- Teach, conduct research, initiate development strategies and encourage innovation in Transport Studies;
- Offer advice to Lagos State Government on critical transportation challenges in the state;
- Take specific research briefs from Lagos State Government or the State Commissioner for Transport through Lagos State University;
- Promote packaging and dissemination of information for public awareness to solve transportation challenges of Lagos State in particular and Nigeria in general;
- Develop transportation management policies in line with global best practices;
- Provide pro bono community service, including consultancies such as advising government and non-profit making organizations;
- Mentor and assessment of students in their academic training and research including supervision of the thesis.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must possess PhD in Transport Studies or a related field with Ten  years Post Doctoral qualification teaching/research experience in a University or a Research/Training Institute.
- The candidate must also possess adequate scholarly publications, administrative experience as well as demonstrable academic leadership. An Associate Professor of at least three (3) years or a serving Professor with considerable Teaching / Research experience in a University may also apply.
- Candidates should have a demonstrable capacity to participate in inter-multidisciplinary research in addition to reasonable administrative experience.
- Candidates for the position of Endowed Professorial Chair of Transport Studies must not be more than Sixty Four (64) years of age as of the date of this publication.
- The appointment of Professorial Chair shall be a 5-year term with eligibility for re-appointment upon satisfactory performance.
Remuneration of the Endowed Professorial Chair includes:
- Enhanced monthly salary
- Official car
- Monthly Allowances as applicable
- Annual Research Allowance.
- Annual Foreign Travels Allowance.
- Annual Local travels Allowance.
- Annual Sponsorship for Seminars, Conferences and Publications.
Application Closing Date
19th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to submit a Formal Application Letter with Thirty (30) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of Credentials (O’ Level Result inclusive). The Curriculum Vitae should be presented in the following order:
- Name in Full with Surname first (Boldly Written)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Academic / Professional Qualifications (with dates and institutions)
- Statement of Experience including full details of the former and present position
- Current Research
- List of Scholarly Publications
- Other activities outside current employment
- Name, Address and Telephone Numbers of three (3) Referees
- Telephone and E-mail Address (Self)
- Proposed date of availability for duty if appointed.
All applications with credentials should be addressed to:
Lagos State University,
Badagry Expressway, Ojo,
P. M.B. 0001,
Lagos State University Post Office, Ojo,
Mission Statement / Strategic Plans
Applicants are to submit their mission statement and strategic plans for the position (Not more than 2000 words).
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit graduatejob.com.ng.