Website Premiere Urgence Internationale
Latest NGO Jobs at Premiere Urgence Internationale, Interested and qualified candidates should apply. Click for more Jobs at PUI
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC).
The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, and nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. In mid-2018, PUI developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II. In 2018, PUI also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community.
The severity of the needs and the reduction of the humanitarian access make PUI positioning in Health and Nutrition crucial, especially in Monguno where PUI has taken over some core activities from ALIMA at the beginning of 2021, after they closed their program there. At the end of 2020, PUI launched an exploratory mission, along with INGO colleagues in Zamfara State (North West), and has developed a strategy for its upcoming intervention in the area.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Latest NGO Jobs at Premiere Urgence Internationale
Job Title: Food Security & Livelihoods Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Start Date: ASAP
- Under the direct supervision of the Food Security and livelihoods Supervisor, the Food Security and Livelihoods Officer is responsible for the daily implementation of the emergency E-voucher food assistance project activity in Maiduguri, Borno State.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Implementation and monitoring of the FSL activities:
- Implements the daily livelihood activities according to the FSL program direction.
- Respects the planning and set-up of the activities.
- Conducts identification and registration of beneficiaries.
- Actively participates in the identification and registration of suppliers/vendors.
- Conducts vendor shop monitoring, market price, post distribution, and impact assessment as guided by the Livelihoods Supervisor.
- Participates in all food security and livelihood assessments.
- Supports beneficiaries and vendors during E-voucher card distribution, cash disbursement, and cash grant transfers.
- Facilitates capacity-building training, experience-sharing visits, and peer-to-peer IGAs for livelihoods beneficiaries.
- Supports and follows up livelihoods beneficiaries’ progress towards start-up new income-generating activities (IGAs) or strengthening existing ones.
- Supports livelihoods beneficiaries to form/establish business groups (self-help or IGA groups).
- Contributes to analyzing the humanitarian situations in the field.
- Ensures that beneficiaries and local populations understand the program goals and agree with the implementation process and modality.
- Actively participate in good collaboration with local leaders and community representatives.
- Organizes sensitizations for the beneficiaries or community members according to the identified needs.
- Reports on the progress of specific tasks assigned, problems encountered, actions taken as well as the quality of relations with beneficiaries.
- Submits the daily task and weekly situational report to his/her line manager on a daily and weekly basis respectively.
- Collects any relevant information from the communities and partners, and reports to his/her supervisor.
- Collects enter and compute simple analysis of the necessary food and livelihoods security data when needed.
- Extracts and passes on statistics on livelihoods activities to his/her line manager.
- Contributes to the capitalization of best practices on livelihoods activities.
- Keeps monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, ensuring their availability to his/her line manager.
- Passes on any information or problems to his/her direct and/or indirect supervisor concerning his/her task, PUI programs, or safety aspects.
Logistic & Administration:
- Supports the logistical and administrative organization, planning, and preparation as directed by the supervisor.
- Ensures the proper use of materials and tools during on-site works (phones and other devices).
- Supports the supply of materials to the worksite as directed by the supervisor.
Specific Objectives and Linked Activities:
- Contributes to the assessment processes, gathered essential information in the community to support the department in developing new projects and strategies.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Livelihoods Development, Entrepreneur, Marketing, Business Development, Business Administration/Management, Economics, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, Agricultural Extension, Agribusiness Management, Food Security, Cooperative Management or related fields.
- Previous experience with NGOs is required.
- At least 1 year or more experience in a similar position in an INGO’s preferably related to food security, livelihoods or emergency response, recovery and resilience building, and cash transfer program
- Previous experience in Humanitarian assessment, monitoring, and evaluation is an asset
- Fluent in English and Hausa, knowledge in Kanuri is an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Food Security and Livelihoods programming
- Cash Programming
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Baseline surveys & Assessment
- Business management/ development or IGAs.
- SPHERE standards.
- Proficient user of MS office (word and excel) and data collection tools (kobo, ODK, GPS, GIS, etc.)
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Excellent Fieldwork skills
- Team spirit
- Ability to analyze and suggest an improvement
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Stress Management and flexibility
- Strong Negotiator, Diplomatic and with problem-solving skills
- Capacity to mobilize community
- Rigor and organization
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.