Website Abuja Clinics
Nurse / Midwife at Abuja Clinics, Interested and qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs at Abuja Clinics
Job Title: Nurse / Midwife
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Nurse / Midwife at Abuja Clinics
- We are hiring a nurse to join our esteemed nursing team.
- As a nurse, you are required to keep a sterile environment and also ensure that all surgical equipment is functioning efficiently amongst other things.
- It is your duty to care for patients booked for procedures before, during, and after any procedure.
- The nurse must be friendly and must always be prepared to go the extra mile to ensure the patient’s comfort and well-being.
- We are looking for a well-rounded nurse to join our esteemed team to pursue our goals of providing the highest quality of care to our patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving patients and conveying them for preparation and procedure.
- Assist the surgeon, anesthetist, and entire surgical team during the procedure.
- Monitor the vital parameters of the patient
- Organise patient transportation from the operating theatre to the recovery room
- Carry out and/or supervise all the postoperative activities to prepare the operating theatre for the next scheduled procedure or emergency.
- Implement the hygiene, sterilization, asepsis, and disinfection protocols and procedures at all times, before, during, and after procedures, to ensure the safety conditions of patients and staff.
- Supervise and train the nurse aides and cleaners while in the operating theatre.
- Must follow Abuja Clinics protocols in the Control and use of all equipment and material. This is to ensure efficient and rational use of resources.
- Prepare monthly reports according to Abuja Clinics guidelines.
- Always communicate with the operating team and other medical teams to meet patient needs.
- Assist in ordering, storing, and maintaining surgical equipment and supplies
- Prepare timely and accurate records of patient history and recovery charts.
- SSCE qualification
- Must be a nurse duly registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Must have 2 to 5 years of proven work experience in Nursing.
- Must be computer literate. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work as a team. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to show empathy.
- Must be patient.
- Must be a good listener.
- Problem-solving skills
- Efficiency and organization
- Advanced knowledge of theatre ethics and procedures.
- Must be a quick learner.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org