CarePoint is a chain of healthcare facilities dedicated to offering the highest quality of health care services at affordable cost. CarePoint health facilities are situated across several local government and communities in Lagos state, specifically. We currently own two (2) facilities across Lagos and part of our mission is to expand across other regions in Nigeria.
Pharmacy Technician at CarePoint Hospitals, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Location: Egbeda, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Pharmacy Technician at CarePoint Hospitals
- The Pharmacy technician is responsible for helping the Hospital Pharmacist to prepare and dispense medications to patients undergoing treatment in the Hospital.
- They also help the Pharmacist ensure the Branch Pharmacy has the right amount of inventory to meet patient needs and undertake other tasks under the supervision of the Hospital Pharmacist to provide excellent customer service and ensure the Hospital’s Pharmacy runs smoothly.
- Accepting written prescriptions or refill requests from patients; reviewing prescription information for completeness and accuracy.
- Complete patients’ paperwork related to the filling of prescription when required.
- Assemble/prepare, label and dispense medications to patients, using the correct dosages, formulation & materials for each individual patient.
- Obtain Pharmacist’s approval on each patients’ prescription before final dispensing of medications to patients.
- Answer basic patient questions how to use their medicines safely when they return home or tothe Ward. Explain how to reduce medication side effects. Listen to all patients’ concerns; escalating such concerns to the Branch Pharmacist or the Head, Pharmacy Services when necessary.
- Take assigned Call Duty as per Hospital/Department guidelines.
- Clean and sterilize surfaces & equipment and prepare the Pharmacy for opening or before each new shift.
- Ensure the Hospital Pharmacy is tidy and properly arranged to make the identification of products faster & easier and medicines are stored appropriately and securely.
- Complete and/or update relevant patient documentation in their File and/or electronic Patient Information (PIS) system.
- Rotate stock, remove expired medications and carry out other Pharmacy inventory control duties.
- Assist the Hospital Pharmacist (or in their absence) to conduct re-ordering, receiving, stocking and labelling medications & related products; monitoring the condition &quantity of such items to prevent stock-out, overstocking, deterioration or expiration.
- Assist the Hospital Pharmacist with processing insurance (HMO) claims as needed.
- Prepare & submit accurate reports on medication/consumables use during a given period (weekly, monthly etc.).
- Attend and participate in various Unit, Facility or Department meetings as required. Cooperate with the Hospital Pharmacist and/or Hospital Management to support the smooth running of general Hospital Operations in one’s assigned Facility.
N60,000 – N70,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com