Website Action Against Hunger
Videography and Photography Consultant at Action Against Hunger, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Videography and Photography Consultant
Reference Number: PD-ABU-01893-001
Project Name: USAID Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance
Sector: Food and Nutrition Cash Programming
Activity Type: Engagement of National Consultant (open to Individual or Corporate entities)
Videography and Photography Consultant at Action Against Hunger
Table of Contents
The rationale for the Project:
- Action Against Hunger is a leading global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger in over 40 countries including Nigeria.
- Through our interventions in health and nutrition, water and sanitation, food security and livelihoods, and social protection programs, we save the lives of malnourished children.
- We ensure everyone can access clean water, food, training and healthcare.
- We enable entire communities to be free from hunger.
- Action against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger.
- Action Against Hunger has operated in Nigeria since 2010 in response to high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on the integrated programming and addressing the
- Nutrition and Social Protection for children, Pregnant and Lactating Women (PLW).
- As an organization, AAH is dedicated to ensuring her works and impacts of program activities on the lives of participants are captured and well documented for donor use, and to improve the organization’s visibility.
- The general objective of this consultancy is to gather stories from Men, Women, Boys and Girls including elderly and disabled person about their experience living in situation of conflict in order to raise awareness with donors, BHA and national government.
- The content will be disseminated by the implementing agency, BHA, AAH (National, Continental and Global).
Geographical Scope Covered by the Analysis:
- The geographical scope of this consultancy are Borno States – Nigeria.
Purpose and Objectives of the Study
- The Purpose of the assignment is to document and produce two short films and High Resolution
(HD) Photographs Highlighting:
- Food distribution
- Cash disbursement
- Nutrition (porridge mum activities) and Health
- To highlight the benefits and nutritional improvement for Pregnant and Lactating
- Women (PLWs) using videos and high-resolution photographs that highlight successes:
- a) Mother to child MUAC
- b) Food distribution activities
- c) Impact of cash disbursement on beneficiary
To highlight the impact of health program activities on the lives of program participants in MMC/JERE
- Health facility
- NFI distribution sites
- CMAM and IYCF: these are key to nutrition programming, specially the B3J project.
- WASH: To highlight the impact of WASH program activities on the lives of program participants in MMC/JERE
- a) Good photos from water points with captions
- b) NFI distribution sites
- c) Hygiene promotion, Latrine and showers rehabilitation, Latrine dislodgment, Latrine construction,
- Borehole rehabilitation, Borehole construction, and waste management.
Profile of the Consultant (Qualification and Experience)
To be eligible to apply for this role the consultant/firm must:
- Have been in existence for at least 5-10 years prior to January 2022.
- The Team Lead must hold a Degree in a relevant field: Communication, Journalism, Media studies, and Fine Arts.
- Other team members should also hold relevant qualifications in any of these areas.
- Demonstrate the Firm’s experience in undertaking similar assignments by use of samples (Youtube links) of successfully and recently completed work.
- Team Lead must have at least five to ten years of working experience in the development of documentary or film production that meets national and international broadcast standards.
- The proposed team must have a working knowledge of French, good knowledge of multicultural aspects in the region, cultural nuances, gender and crosscutting issues.
- Team Lead must possess excellent communication skills-fluency in oral and written English Previous proven experience in documenting donor-supported projects using digital media.
- The firm must have excellent technical capacities to ensure smooth and high-quality production (video production staff, owner of its own video production studio or documentary proof of access to a rented video studio) etc.
- Clear articulation of capacity and skills, and innovative approaches to carry out the assignment; as well as ·a clear work plan and articulation of expected methodologies and outputs within the tight timeframe.
- Track record of successful materials filmed in the region and/or on similar topics would be an asset
- Ability to work under strict time limits and adhere to WHO and specific country MOH Covid-19 protocols and guidelines.
Application Closing Date
28th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified consultants should send their Expression of Interest to: email@example.com using “PD-ABU-01893-001_ Videography and Photography Consultancy Service” as the subject of the email in order to receive the full ToR.
- A proposal without the request of the full ToR will not be accepted.
- The sending of full ToR will commence from April 18th 2022 until the deadline of the submissions to all expressions of interest from prospective consultants.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org