Website The African Agricultural Technology Foundation
The African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF) is recruiting to fill the position of: Program Officer - Agronomist. Interested candidates should possess at least a Master's Degree or equivalent in Agronomy or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years work experience. is an international not-for-profit organization that facilitates and promotes public/private partnerships to promote food security and enhance livelihoods of smallholder farmers in SSA. AATF works with African governments, private and public technology owners and developers, NGOs, seed companies and African small holder farmers to identify and access technologies that address farmers' key problems and empower them through availability of a choice of agricultural innovations that generate wealth and health for their families and communities. AATF is a registered charity under the laws of England and Wales and has host country status with the Government of Kenya. The Foundation depends on the ongoing support and collaboration of different partners and investors to meet its objectives.
Plant Operator at the African Agricultural Technology Foundation, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Operator
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Supervised by: Plant Manager
Plant Operator at the African Agricultural Technology Foundation
- Through the AATF Special Initiative for STrengthening Cassava Agro-Processing and Digital Solutions (ASIST-APOD), AATF has acquired a new Cassava processing technology for processing high quality cassava flour without peeling the roots. The Machine will be installed in Fasola, Oyo State-Nigeria.
- This initiative presents a novel model that seeks to utilize digital tools to enhance access to mechanization services and improved agronomy, then establish a centralized cassava processing facility that will be accessible to village-based processors who would otherwise not be able to afford modern cassava processing equipment. Accessing this service will enable them to diversify their products, hence creating more value for the tubers.
- Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Plant Operator is responsible for managing the plant goods-in and goods-out operations, cassava processing and storage operation as well as assuring HSEQ compliance and inventory protection with respect to the plant and site.
- To control the storage and movement of all cassava; raw, processed and treated, according to AATF plant guidelines.
- Ensure the processing, treatment, packaging and storage of cassava is performed according to AATFQA/QC parameters.
- Ensure the processing plant is effectively cleaned and maintained to prevent any quality issues occurring.
- Carry out routine maintenance of the Processing plant including but not limited to greasing movable parts and other maintenance procedures as per the manufacturers specifications.
- Ensure all inventory movement is fully documented according to AATF policies and systems.
- Ensure customer orders are fulfilled and dispatched in a timely manner and are accompanied by the required documentation.
- Liaise with transporters to ensure cost effective movement of inventory/cassava.
- Ensure the security of the inventory and make sure it’s free from any pests and vermin.
- Supervise and train plant workers on Health, Environmental, Safety and Quality (HSEQ) policies, warehouse operations and seed storage procedures.
- Carryout activities in the warehouse according to agreed HSEQ procedures. Assist in the liaison with cassava Certification Agents and regulatory authorities.
- Destroy and dispose of all written off cassava as approved.
- Report any nonconformities to the Plant Manager.
- Assist with inventory management and control, using agreed systems and processes and support the Finance department in monthly stock taking. Suggest improvements to plant & HSEQ procedures and policies to ensure best use of resources and achieve improved efficiency and safety.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma level education in Mechanical engineering Supervisory skills
- Certification in Health, Environmental, Safety and Quality (HSEQ) Computer literacy
- Driving License will be an added advantage.
- A customer focused individual committed to building a reputation for trust and reliability.
- A highly proficient level of written/ spoken English.
- Performance and results driven attitude.
- Willing to work flexibly with respect to starting and finishing times. Ability to work with minimal supervision,
- Although the title is Operator, the job is very “hands on” and involves personal engagement and interaction with all facets of the job.
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com and clearly indicate on the email subject Plant Operator.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org