Website Data & Scientific Inc
Programmer / Analyst at Data & Scientific Inc., Suitably qualified candidates should see the job details and apply. Click for more Jobs at Data & Scientific Inc.
Data & Scientific Inc. was established in 1989 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, as an independent software vendor. In Nigeria, DataSci Limited is servicing major national organizations in both the private and public sectors of the economy. Some of the largest and successful public sector application software implementations in Nigeria were undertaken by DataSci Limited. That tradition of commitment to excellence continues.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programmer / Analyst
Job Code: NTDPA0521
Programmer / Analyst at Data & Scientific Inc.
- We are seeking an intermediate level programmer /analyst to become an integral part of our software engineering team.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for creating and modifying computer application software or specialized utility programs while working as part of a team comprising business analyst, senior software engineers and project managers.
- The job interview process for this position includes a three-hour hands-on programming test. Our work environment is driven by the customer is king philosophy.
- Ability to follow the analysis of user needs and develop software to meet the documented requirements
- Work with the project manager or business analyst to elicit requirements and needs.
- Recommend software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency
- Collaborate with other developers to design, build and optimize code
- Create flowcharts and user guides for new and existing programs
- Document all programming tasks and procedures
- Perform routine software maintenance
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Pure Science from a recognized university.
- Previous experience developing desktop or fully responsive web applications and familiarity with the latest UI and UX design trends is expected.
- Experience gained developing medium to large size backend applications with PHP, Python or Java as part of a project team with at least two completed projects spanning two to three years.
- Preference will be given to demonstrable experience with Java programming language involving at least one completed project implemented in Java language.
- Three years post-college graduation experience with secure coding using relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, or SQL Server
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience developing for the Android platform will be an asset.
Remuneration / Compensation
- DataSci will provide related in-house product and services training where necessary to the successful candidates.
- The compensation/remuneration will be salary based. The salary will be industry competitive but based on the qualification and experience of the candidate.
- As you grow with us, and your knowledge of our suite of data security and Identity management products grows your net compensation In the following years is guaranteed to easily surpass that amount.
- Three weeks annual vacation – Four weeks for senior personnel.
Application Closing Date
16th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants should select and complete the online forms for the job position they wish to apply for using the job code assigned to the position. All applications must be submitted online.
- The system will not process applications that do not meet the stated requirements. Thank you for your interest but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For support with the site please contact: 08111113255.
To apply for this job please visit www.datasci.net.