Website Action Against Hunger
A psychologist at Action Against Hunger, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Psychologist – Staff Care
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full time
Duration: 9 months
Start Date: 4/4/2022.
Psychologist at Action Against Hunger
- ACF national staff is facing a double constraint: lots of them have been directly exposed to traumatic events in their personal and professional lives, and are facing their beneficiaries suffering, in a context of intense workload.
- They may suffer from anxiety and post-traumatic disorders and burnout issues, with a high impact on their affective, cognitive and social functioning.
- In order to prevent and deal with psychological disorders, the mission is willing to help them develop personal and professional self-care strategies, in order to help them serve ACF’s beneficiaries.
- The staff care psychologist will be responsible for designing the staff care strategy in Nigeria, aligned with ACF France principles.
- Under the management of the Deputy Country Director – support, the psychologist is responsible of strengthening ACF’s employees coping mechanisms due to work-related stress factors
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To improve staff strategies regarding stress related to professional factors (burnout issues, compassion fatigue, and vicarious trauma) and personal factors (exposure to traumatic events).
- This implies working with groups of collaborators and managers.
- This activity is confidential and could imply that getting refer to local medical/psychological resources when required.
- Identify local resources for mental health, in order to facilitate psychological care in case of future needs.
- To provide psychological support and follow-up in cases of traumatic exposure
- To provide individual counselling for those asking for it, on a regular basis.
- You hold a Clinical Psychology Master’s Degree with a relevant experience in psycho trauma and psychotherapy (BCT or EMDR training appreciated).
- This position may include working occasionally during weekends (in case of a critical incident)
- You demonstrate good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in sensitive cultural environments; you have experience and ability in workshop facilitation, you have a good capacity to organize in emergency situations.
- Fluency in English written/spoken is compulsory.
Specific Conditions / Salary
- 9 months fixed term contract under French legislation
- Monthly gross salary from 2 010€ to 2 335€ upon experience
- Monthly per diem and living allowance: 312 + 203€ net, field paid
- Child allowance: 1500€ per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000€/year).
- Monthly country allowance: 450€
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens.
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (CFE + complementary health) and repatriation insurance.
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 € at each RnR period
- Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge.
Method of Application
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination
To apply for this job please visit recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org.