Website Chipper Cash
Senior Quality Engineer (Remote) at Chipper Cash, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs at Chipper Cash
Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Quality Engineer
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
Senior Quality Engineer (Remote) at Chipper Cash
Table of Contents
- Chipper Cash is looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
- Chipper is more than just a mobile wallet; it’s how people send money to their grandparents for medicine, how parents send money to their children for school supplies, and how the African continent connects to the global economy.
- Our products and business are growing in number. We need forward-thinking thinkers and hard-nosed explorers to help us pave the way in exciting areas like cryptocurrency, cross-border transactions, and expanding opportunities for generational wealth through stock market access.
- The Quality Engineer will be in charge of designing, implementing, and maintaining software quality and methods.
- This position allows you to advance and ensure the highest quality of cutting-edge technology that supports some of our core services and systems.
- With a solid understanding of engineering methodologies, tools, and standards, you’ll be able to create strategies and procedures for testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of the latest features, all while keeping the mobile customer experience a top priority.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Gain and maintain a strong understanding of Chipper Cash’s users and how they use our mobile application
- Define test strategies based on an understanding of user personas and goals
- Work with software engineers, designers, researchers, and other cross-functional team members to solve customer problems, and rally around KPIs
- Work within an agile framework
- Write user-focused test plans and test cases for product release
- Work with Test Engineers to create an automated testing strategy
- Mentor more junior team members
- Collaborate with members of the QE team to define and refine processes
- Help to keep the team abreast of industry news and changes that will help refine how we do work.
What You Should Have
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with technical and non-technical teams
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong research skills, including the ability to understand user experience and fit it into testing
- Strong desire and ability to mentor and coach teammates
- Proficiency in Google Apps or Microsoft Office
- Strong testing experience
- Strong experience with JIRA or similar ticketing systems
- Ability to adapt priorities on the fly based on emerging needs for users and development
- Strong experience with mobile development tools, CI/CD, and GitHub
- Strong experience testing mobile applications and integrating automation test writing with manual exploration.
About Our Tech Stack:
- Fullstack Typescript
- Fully automated CI/CD using Semaphore and Github Unit testing with Jest/Mocha.
- React Native – Android / iOS application
- Monitoring with BugSnag & Amplitude
- Global state management with Redux
- Chipper UI design system powered by: Styled Components & StoryBook.
- Node.js – service-based architecture
- PostgreSQL application databases
- RabbitMQ for inter-server communication
- Server hosting on Heroku and Google Cloud Platform Monitoring with Datadog & Logz.io
- Snowflake for data warehousing and analysis
- Python for in-depth data analysis, transformation, and reporting.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online