Website International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In early 2014, IRC opened a field office in Mubi town of Adamawa state in NE Nigeria followed by offices in Yola (Adamawa state) in November 2014 and Maiduguri (Borno state) in October 2015. The IRC Nigeria country program is implementing multi-sectoral interventions in the sectors of: Health and Nutrition; Environmental Health; Child Protection; Education; Women’s Protection and Empowerment; Food Security and Livelihoods and Protection. Most of these programs are driven in partnership with strategic local NGOs.
Employment Opportunities at the International Rescue Committee, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs at IRC
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Employment Opportunities at the International Rescue Committee
Job Title: Senior HR Officer
Requisition ID: req46134
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Open to Expatriates: No
Work Arrangement: In-person
Job Overview / Summary
Under the direct supervision of the HR Manager, the Senior HR will:
- Support the organization’s efforts to improve retention engagement and reward for its talent.
- Support the organization’s efforts to improve retention, engagement and reward for its talent that supports delivery of its strategic mandates through development and management of strategic reward schemes, contract management, record management, reporting and management of effective HRMIS.
- Responsible for managing the implementation of staff contracts that include implementation of offers, confirmation letters, amendments, extensions/renewals, transfers, notices, etc.
- Responsible for the preparation of the payroll and administration of staff benefits that include gratuity, leave, medical insurance, group personal accident insurance and other allowances. o Lead periodic pay and benefits review and support the HR Manager in the design, development, and establishment of appropriate employee recognition schemes.
- Support the HR Manager in regular salary and benefits surveys by updating Birches/ PWC annual questionaries.
- Ensure an up-to-date accurate record management system is in place and that staff payroll files (both electronic and physical) are updated in compliance with IRC’s audit checklist. o Ensure IRCK reporting includes monthly and quarterly reports on Diversity, Global Matrix, HR
- Strategy/ Annual Business Plan implementation etc.
- Manage performance of the Nairobi based HR Officer/Assistant by ensuring they have challenging objectives, provide of both administrative and technical support, on-the-job training, coaching, mentoring, sharing best practices/business processes and ensuring they are regularly updated with new initiatives, policies, and procedures.
- Manage IRCK relationship with the IRCK Legal Advisor and stay abreast and disseminate impacts of new Labour laws to the Country Programme in relation to taxation, minimum wage, and other staff benefits.
- Responsible for the management of Workday employee record system that includes capacity building employees and its entire management and reporting.
- Support development of IRCK’s HR strategy, annual business plans, policies, and procedures.
- Implement audit recommendations in areas of responsibility and support the overall HR Risk Management efforts. Cover for the HR Manager position whenever required.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: HR Manager
- Position directly supervises: HR Intern, HR Casuals
- Indirect Reporting: Senior HR Manager, Senior HR Coord.
- Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Finance, HR field focal persons, Sector Leads and All Maiduguri Staff
- External: HMO contact persons.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Finance, or related field.
- Experience: 4 years of experience in Benefits and Compensation and contract management.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Qualification/hands-on experience in development and administration of reward systems
- Emotional maturity and ability to work in confidentiality
- Have interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Have a sense of organization and being proactive
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hausa.
- The Senior HR Officer will be based in Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria with travel throughout the sites where IRC has a presence.
- The security situation in Northeast Nigeria continues to be volatile with security level currently at 3 (orange), though subject to change; candidates should be prepared to implement programming in insecure environments.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.