Website First Bank of Nigeria Limited
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria's largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has an international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
Category Specialist (Technology) at First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Category Specialist (Technology)
Requisition ID: 946
Job Schedule: Full-time
Category Specialist (Technology) at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- To support the Category Manager in ensuring that sourcing, tendering and prompt delivery of Technology portfolio (software, hardware, application development and managed services) in line with the Category Strategy
- To manage sourcing activities for the relevant category and support the implementation of Category Strategies.
- To efficiently manage the Bank’s expenditure budget (CAPEX and OPEX) for category-related procurement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement Technology Category Management strategies and activities across multiple dimensions, including category analysis, contract implementation, and supplier relationship improvement initiatives to increase market competitiveness and sustain ongoing category improvements
- Proactively work with Category Manager (Technology) to identify and plan category-related procurement activities for the financial year and periodically review category spend to identify and pursue strategic sourcing and demand management opportunities
- Execute Go-To-Market strategies utilizing an end-to-end value chain approach -specifically, obtain complete and accurate business requirements from the end users, develop RFx (RFI/RFQ/RFP) documents and identification of qualified vendors; manage source to contract until PO Is created
- Collate responses from vendors and liase with the various committee (TEC, PMC) for evaluation
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s Procurement Policy, standards and guidelines for all category related products or services
- Conduct vendor contract negotiations with suppliers to procure category related products/services to ensure best value regarding pricing and quality
- Ensure adherence to defined parameters for quality assurance of goods/services received as well as the escalation route for complaints/rejection.
- Prepare periodic report of trend analysis for procurement volumes and cycles to support the various category management activities
- Proactively perform market surveys to verify competitiveness of purchase prices and best value goods specifications for procurement categories
- Identify relevant external market trends with respect to the technology industry
- Provide input for supplier appraisal via supplier audits, performance evaluations etc. to validate ability of suppliers to meet defined standards and rate suppliers accordingly
- Collaborate with centralized admin for invoicing and payment of suppliers and resolve or escalate identified issues (if any)
- Supervise and coach Category Analysts
- Undertake any other responsibilities as requested by the Category Manager in accordance with the scope and responsibilities of the role
- Comply with the principles and policies in the Information Security Handbook of the Bank
- BSc. (First Degree) Social Sciences.
- Higher Degrees / Professional Certifications (an added advantage).
- Minimum of CIPS Diploma or relevant certifications (CPIM, CPP, CSCP)
Application Closing Date
9th November, 2023 (02:05 PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit hdbc.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.