Website EHA Clinics
EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a health care network operating across Nigeria that provides high-quality, innovative, data-driven, and technology-enabled services. EHA Clinics delivers a comprehensive range of state of the art health care services in each location, e.g, general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography, and specialized services (urgent care, telemedicine, home care, dental care, and ophthalmology).
Pharmacy Technician at EHA Clinics, Qualified candidates should see the job details and apply. Click for more Jobs at EHA Clinics
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Location: Sangotedo, Lagos
Reports to: Assistant Manager, Pharmacy Operations
Pharmacy Technician at EHA Clinics
Purpose of the Position
- The Pharmacy Technician will work closely with the pharmacist on duty in attending to patients, refilling prescriptions, dispensing medications, preparing labels, and maintaining smart stock inventory management.
What You’ll Do
- The Pharmacy Technician will support EHA Clinics department predominantly to:
- Fill medications based on prescriptions and prepare them for Pharmacists to dispense.
- Assist in stock count on a routine basis and ensure that expiring drugs are noted.
- Arrange/stack drugs and consumables according to FEFO guidelines.
- Ensure that minimum stock levels are not exceeded.
- Bring patients into the pharmacy (when necessary).
- Follow up/call patients to ensure compliance and report special cases to the Pharmacist on the duty.
- Follow up on drugs delivered to patients.
- Keep the pharmacy clean and ensure that dispensing materials are available.
- Assist in receiving medications from vendors.
- Assist in compounding in coordination with the Pharmacist.
- Dispense OTC medications and provide consumables to the nurses and doctors when needed.
- Preparing pharmacy packs under the supervision of a Pharmacist.
- Assist the Pharmacist in any other required duties.
- Conduct group responsibilities accurately and on time.
- Maintain and update pharmacy checklists regularly.
- Provide assistance in various functions of the Pharmacy.
- Develop and implement the teaching plan utilizing patient education manual.
- Document patient and family education.
- Participate in voluntary community health activities to promote, maintain and restore health and prevent diseases.
- Must be physically and mentally stable to handle extended shifts as well as mental pressure and traumatic events.
- Review, analyze and respond to different situations they encounter daily.
- Think critically in adapting to change, judging situations and taking appropriate decisions
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to EHA Clinics Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Key Areas of Note
- Ensure continuing education, training and development is undertaken to meet clinical governance guidelines for Continuing Professional Development and a Personal Development Plan.
- Keep up to date with relevant medical research, technology, and evidence-based medical practice by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals, etc.
- Perform a variety of research and analysis tasks associated with the improvement of clinical care, medical diagnosis, and treatment where appropriate.
- Audit of clinical practice and review of relevant literature.
- Research unusual symptoms and treatment options, through consultation with physicians and other medical specialists.
- Provide literature reviews and the likes; review, analyze and determine the significance of a variety of diagnostic test results.
- Participate in the quality management system through process monitoring, data analysis, implementation of interventions, and evaluation of those interventions’ efficacy.
- Work to establish and maintain both long-term and short-term goals for the Quality Management Program, keeping track of and document the success of Quality Improvement Projects in achieving QI goals, advising and providing guidance to staff on the priorities and projects of Quality Management.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Minimum qualification of Diploma in Pharmacy
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressive experience in Pharmacy within the private and public sectors. Experience working with public health and health systems is an advantage.
- Candidates must be a registered member of Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) with an up-to-date practicing license.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Hold Computer literacy
- Excellent Communication and Customer Service
- Caring, Compassionate, Dedicated and Professional
- Working Under Pressure
- Data Analysis
- Humane, Empathetic and Supportive Bedside Manner
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Problem solving and Initiative
- Time Management and Organization
- Attention to Detail.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit www.eha.ng.