Website BIC Nigeria
Senior Manager, HR – GSC MEA at BIC Nigeria, Qualified candidates should apply. Click for more Jobs at Cashigo
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, HR – GSC MEA
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
Job Type: Full-time
Senior Manager, HR – GSC MEA at BIC Nigeria
Table of Contents
- As HR Senior Manager Group Supply Chain Middle East and Africa you will be responsible to lead the People agenda in our MEA Facilities (4 factories in Kenia, Nigeria, Tunisia, South Africa, approximately 600 permanent employees) and ensure local HR support to Supply Chain team members in the area (additional 100 team members in several countries).
- You will be a member of the Group Supply Chain (GSC) HR leadership team.
Your role includes the following activities:
- Lead HR in multiple factories in MEA to contribute to the achievement of the Company’s strategic and financial objectives.
- Drive the regional agenda on People Development (strategic people review, succession planning, high potentials development).
- Lead capability building initiatives, from design to execution (including gap analysis and upskilling plans).
- Lead HR activities in footprint projects in the region, linked to M&A.
- Lead people annual cycle for the region (objective settings, performance review, compensation cycle).
- Drive efficiency and flexibility programs with manufacturing teams and support them in execution.
- Coordinate employee and labor relations in all factories, helping HR Managers to build and maintain effective relationships with unions and workers councils.
- In partnership with the managers, the local HR team and the central HR Center of Excellences, build a culture of engagement that attracts, motivates, and retains team members.
- Ensure support to local teams to continuously reinforce the health and safety culture in the factories.
- Ensure the rollout of global programs and policies in the region.
- Establish and maintain relationships with senior executives at BIC, across divisions and regions and key contacts from external companies / firms, and provide unique expertise and thought leadership to the company on topics relevant to GSC to facilitate the resolution of any complex business issues, including M&A
- Identify, develop, coach and mentor top talents.
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all HR programs/practices/policies.
- Work with internal and external legal counsel and various federal, state and local governments to resolve legal issues. Assure compliance with company policies, procedures, Federal and local laws, regulations, and requirements to minimize the corporation’s legal risks.
- An Advanced Degree in Business, Human Resources or Social Sciences is preferred.
- A minimum of 10+ years of progressive human resources and business leadership experience supporting manufacturing with a global footprint; preferably within multinational FMCG companies.
- A broad background across key international markets and experience working with a global leadership team.
- Experience in driving change management programs at various levels, from hourly employees to senior leaders.
- Strong emotional intelligence, problem-solving and complexity management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, resilient, self-starter and fast learner.
- Demonstrated organization development experience – aligning structure, people, process, and reward systems with business strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to drive and motivate large teams
- Fluency in English and French.
- Must be available for regular international travel.
- Apply Today! There’s never been a better time to join BIC. We’re a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment.
- As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity.
- Regardless of past practise, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.