Website Synapse Resource Center
Senior Medical Doctor at Synapse Services, Qualified candidates should apply. Click for more Jobs at Synapse Services
Synapse Services has provided well over Eight years of high-quality specialist mental health care services in Nigeria. It is the largest provider of private mental health care services in West Africa with a combined bed of over 110-bed spaces. It is an outcome-driven service. We are located in Abuja, Awka, PortHarcourt, and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Medical Doctor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Clinical Director
Senior Medical Doctor at Synapse Services
Table of Contents
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Be present and contactable within clinic premises at all times during work hours except when on other official duties.
- To carry out a physical examination on all patients before admission according to the Synapse Services
- To maintain individual contact with patients, carrying out ward rounds and other duties detailed by the Consultant
- To update clinical notes on all patients according to best practice for record-keeping
- To ensure that on admission, patient’s diagnosis in line with ICD is documented on EMR and explained to the patient and Family.
- Ensure that leaflets explaining diagnosis, medication and its effects are given to patient, explained and documented. Follow up that of Consultants, explain the diagnosis to patient and document it.
- To respond promptly to the request of all clinical staff (Consultants, other doctors and nurses) to see patients within the clinic and to advice or start any treatment as indicated.
- Undertake specific medical procedures on patients within the clinic as requested by medical and nursing staff: cannulation, commencing i.v infusions, administration of i.v drugs, etc.
- To type and file discharge summaries on all patients discharged from Synapse Services within 24 hours of discharge
- Must ensure every patient discharged from Synapse Services sees a doctor for follow up within 7 days post-discharge
- Run regular follow up clinics and encourage patient attendance
- Carry out home visits to review patients
- Lead a clinical team to pick up patients from the community for admission
- Partake in on-call duties
- Contribute to and be a part of Synapse Services Business Team
- Be part of the team that makes contact with Organizations to seek clients for Synapse Services
- Carry out presentations at clinical meetings in various hospitals to inform them of our clinical services
- To examine a sick/injured member of clinic staff and offer appropriate advice in respect of treatment
- Liaise regularly with Service Manager to discuss service improvement
- Carry out regular teaching sessions directed at Nurses, Support Workers and Psychologists.
- Be a part of interview panels during staff recruitment
- Be a member of Synapse Services Middle management committee and attend line Management meetings
- Be a co-chair for Educational meetings
- Will be asked to be part of other ad-hoc committees if and when necessary
- Help with providing resources for the business of the centre
- Be a facilitator on some of Synapse Services Training programs
- Read, understand and adhere to clinic policies and procedures
- Health and Safety and Quality Assurance
- Be familiar, understand and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations including evacuation policy and the medical officer’s role in such an event
- Be aware of the promotion of effective customer care and public relations in order to promote the good reputation of the clinic
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager is essential
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Evidence of completion of NYSC /Exemption.
- Up-to-date MDCN licence
- Post-Graduation qualifications including Masters programs are desirable
- Minimum of 5 years’ post-NYSC experience in Clinical care and patient management.
- Experience in non-clinical settings that demonstrates exposure to other industries is desirable.
- Strong interest in mental health and Addictions is a pre-requisite for this role
- Relevant experience in mental health is an advantage
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
To apply for this job please visit synapseservices.org .