Website Spice TV
SPICE is Africa’s No. 1 Fashion Channel dedicated to exploring African achievements in fashion, beauty and lifestyle. Broadcasted 24/7 across 44 African countries SPICE is the standard for African fashion and culture on the continent. We are committed to pushing cultural and production boundaries to satisfy our growing global audience who value our dynamic coverage of fashion, beauty and lifestyle trends.
Spice TV Job Recruitment, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more jobs
We are rcruiting to fill the position below:
Spice TV Job Recruitment
Job Title: News / Features Writer
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- As a member of the online editorial team, you will be responsible for contributing to the SPICE site on a regular basis, adhering to deadlines and processes outlined by the Managing Editor.
- You will be asked to focus on a specific area/topic and be asked to submit work in this area regularly
- Hours may be flexible
- Formulate detailed monthly content calendars which outlines specific posts and topics
- Monitor trends surrounding content areas
- Contributes editorial pieces.
- Writes engaging, informative and interesting posts on topics such as fashion, beauty, entertainment, travel, culture, etc.
- Reviews, edits and formats content (text, images, etc.)
- Proven experience in print/online journalism or blogging
- Proven experience writing news/feature stories
- A proven interest in/passion for the African fashion, beauty and lifestyle industry, as well as knowledge of its key brands and professionals
- A working knowledge of WordPress or experience using a CMS (Content Management System) (however basic)
- Photoshop/Indesign skills preferred but not essential
Job Title: Associate Producer
- We are now looking for a talented creative Associate Producer to join the SPICE TV Creative Production team.
- Reporting to the Channel Manager & Creative Director you will be required to generate original video content for SPICE TV, website, iPad Apps, social media and marketing projects. Resourceful individuals are invited to join our team.
- Research, report, brainstorm and pitch new content ideas to head of channel.
- Direct and produce shows from idea to final cut.
- Write scripts, select video, sound bites and sound elements to create video stories.
- Write, develop and manage scripts, scheduling and tracking deliverables, coordinating voice over production, assigning tasks to wider team members.
- Supervising the production design teams (sets, costumes, etc;) supervising post-production.
- Ensuring the production runs to schedule.
- Degree in a Broadcast, Animation, Design or Media related field.
- Must have 2+ years of experience as a producer, or similar role with interactive/ad agencies.
- Experience producing and/or directing small shoots desired.
- Experience with script writing and copywriting desired.
- Knowledge and proficiency with editing systems and programs including Final Cut, Avid and/or Adobe Premiere is a plus.
- Knowledge and proficiency with design and motion design programs including After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator desired is also a plus.
- An amazing storyteller, creative thinker with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Strong organization and communication skills are basic requirements, as well as the ability to offer unique creative solutions, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, and balance the business needs with the design and technical constraints.
- You are natural leader, collaborative problem solver; you motivate creative teammates and encourage fresh thinking and new approaches.
- 2+ years of video or marketing/communications industry experience and production environments
- Work collaboratively with design and editing team members, and management.
- Strong organization skills – ensure clients and colleagues have up-to-date reports and project milestone.
- Experience in scripting and editing packages / video stories.
- Strong reporting skills and good at interviewing and pre-interviewing subjects
- Experience in filming using a professional digital cameras is a plus
- Experience in editing video using Final Cut Pro or other editing software is a plus
- Capability to handle short deadlines and work in a fast-paced and demanding production house
- Strong communication skills
- Your balance expectations and commitment, and provide ownership and accountability to anything you touch.
Job Title: Managing Editor
- SPICE TV is looking for a Managing Editor, to drive and co-ordinate our editorial and programing content across our digital platforms.
- You will be responsible for the development, delivery and publication of all content for the brand’s website and online publishing platforms.
- Alongside this, you will devise cross-channel content strategies to engage existing and new visitors, promote audience growth and continue positioning SPICE as the leading fashion and life + style destination.
- Duties include devising strategic editorial plans to support marketing and communications objectives, in addition to creating, commissioning and editing content.
- You will also work with our creative team to ensure every channel is visually exciting and on-brand.
- The Managing Editor will be responsible and accountable for project managing, implementing and maintaining our online content deliverables. Ultimately, the Managing Editor will be responsible for turning the brand’s vision into a reality on the brand’s website and digital publishing platforms.
- The Managing Editor will also manage a team of writers and content editors on a day-to-day basis, balancing the workflow and priorities of this busy creative team, within the context of our goal to become the destination for fashion and life and style.
- He/She will also analyse the performance of content to help the Channel Manager shape our future content strategy.
- This role will work closely with the Business Development Manager and will collaborate with Social & Digital Media.
- You should come from a digital editorial background – preferably in lifestyle and fashion – and be as comfortable delivering content plans as they are analyzing data and discussing audience growth. You will have experience in leading the online content team of an established brand, skilled in using analytics software to grow traffic and have a proven mobile, social-first approach.
- In terms of content, you will be regarded as the brand expert and expected to keep abreast of emerging trends locally and globally in this area.
- Take the brand’s creative vision, and manage the process to turn it into reality on site.
- Research, conceptualize and develop feature stories that will distinctly express the SPICE Brand
- Identify and produce interview articles that promote the SPICE network of collaborators, including designers, artists and industry influencers
- Collaborate with the editorial and production teams on the creation of compelling content that encourages strong engagement from our community.
- Maintain a rigorous publishing schedule
- Project manage the Content Publishing Processes
- Detailed planning of weekly editorials and newsletters
- Manage timelines and co-ordination of Marketing Editorial/Content milestones, resulting in creative updates to the site.
- Manage a team of writers and content producers and editors in terms of submissions, workflow, deadlines and priorities.
- Devise a testing plan for content, ensuring we are always testing and working to improve performance of content.
- Support ad hoc projects and campaigns with marketing support and project management
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in English Literature, Journalism or Communications
- At least 5 years in editorial, managing editor roles or similiar
- Creative and agile thinker who is genuine, self-motivated and collaborative
- Ambitious, detail-oriented writer who demonstrates a keen sensibility and knowledge of fashion, retail, pop culture and contemporary art
- Fluent English with flawless verbal and written skills,
- Ability to multitask and manage project priorities to meet deadlines
- Strong editorial skills with an expert command of fashion terminology
- Demonstrated experience working in fashion/creative environment
- A background working with influencers to devise and leverage content is a bonus
- You will also have excellent communication and organisational skills in addition to faultless attention to detail.
- Experience working across teams and geographies to manage multiple projects concurrently while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong judgment and instincts.
- Able to prioritise in complex, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated business acumen and customer-centricity
- Proficient with CMS and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of HTML is a bonus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Covering letter and Portfolio or Previous examples of related work to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Please note that due to a high volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you’ve not heard back from us within 2 weeks of sending your CV, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion but we will keep your information on file for future, more suitable opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit myspice.tv .