Website AIM Consultants Limited
Structural Design Engineer at AIM Consultants Limited, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more jobs
AIM Consultants Limited is a privately owned Nigeria company, which was established in Lagos, Nigeria in 1979, and has since grown to become one of the leading multi-disciplinary consultancies, not only in the country but also in the Continent. AIM is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission with Certificate of Incorporation R.C. 30821 and NIS ISO 9001: 2008 (Certificate No. 0000475). AIM is the major Nigerian Consultancy that exports services to the sub-region. AIM’s workforce is over 220 colleagues.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Structural Design Engineer
Structural Design Engineer at AIM Consultants Limited
- Responsible to execute all required Civil / Structural related engineering works covering the Scope of Work for all projects
- Use of 3D modelling tools such as PDMS, EDS and AutoCAD 3D for design reviews and presentations
- Competent in extracting structural 2D draft from the modelled environment
- Follow-up of the project files and documentation, including maintaining the standard project files structure on server/ SharePoint.
- Responsible to implement at its level all required measures to ensure quality at source.
- With direct supervision of a Lead or Senior Engineer, will be required to carry out engineering analysis and recommend technical solutions, generate detailed engineering drawings, liaise with the drafting personnel for the preparation of drawings and prepares engineering reports.
- Able to perform at a basic level the functions of organizing its own work in agreement with other engineers in own discipline.
- Identify and report to Senior Engineer all events, and requests, which are not compliant with the project scope of work.
- Participate in weekly engineering meetings, based on project requirements.
- Must be familiar with relevant industry codes and standards, design specifications, and practices.
- Ensure ease of constructability is considered in all Civil / Structural technical solutions/deliverables.
- Able to perform Concept, FEED, Detailed Design, and Fabrication Design.
- Ability to use relevant DESIGN software for Civil / Structural engineering. intermediate level of understanding of design calculations and result interpretation.
- Skilled in preparation of discipline progress reports, tracking of engineering hold-items, Civil-structural schedule estimation etc.
- Capable in developing intelligent spreadsheets to project manage civil/structural aspects of works on behalf of clients.
- Competence in verifying, addressing and issuing out engineering technical clarification to clients on specific areas impacting on bi-directional contractual obligations
- During Technical Bid Evaluation, should have ability to review structural requirements on bid submissions as well as technically evaluate bid responses.
- Construction and site supervision experience is an advantage.
- Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in Civil / Structural Design Engineering
- COREN & NSE registered
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD (or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of Staad Pro (or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of SACS (or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Package.
Additional Competency Requirements:
- Commitment to excellence.
- Completion of all assignments and goals within timelines.
- Diligence and hard work.
- Committed to acquiring knowledge and skills.
- Teachable and open to learning new ways of doing things.
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com