Website ipNX Nigeria Limited
ipNX is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies, serving a multitude of needs across enterprises, small businesses and residents with innovative, world-class services. Our ability to identify, satisfy and exceed today’s market needs is a testament to over a decade of experience, our commitment, drive and passion realized through highly skilled and well seasoned professionals. As a pioneer and a leading Fibre-To-The-Home (FTTH) operator in Nigeria, we currently provide a number of solutions to various industries and market segments using industry-leading technology (such as our very own Fibre-To-The-Home (FTTH) cable technology) as our core access network infrastructure and fixed wireless radio services (via licensed frequency). We also proffer complementary IT solutions, with a view of covering key commercial and suburban regions.
NMS Engineer at IPNX Nigeria Limited, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NMS Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
NMS Engineer at IPNX Nigeria Limited
- Ensure smooth running of all network monitoring systems: both for Core network nodes and transmission network.
- Run on 247365 network monitoring operation.
- Ensure Core network and Customer links Monitoring applications are functioning properly: Solarwinds, Nagios, Nagviz, SAM, VNQM, etc.
- Engagement of various Colo/POP sites manager in ensuring smooth running of the sites and our equipment they are in.
- Escalating issues related to cooling, voltage instability, shelter leakages, etc.
- Ensure continuous engagement of vendors and OEMs on service-related issues.
- Proactively escalate issues to the network infrastructure team for capacity planning and network optimization.
- Managing access request for ipNX Operation team visit to POPs/Colo sites, arranging joint visits to sites.
- Generate and compile regular reports/availability for each of the Colo sites and service providers.
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- University Degree in Engineering
- Professional Qualification (CCNA, CompTIA Network+, ITIL, etc.) an added advantage
- Knowledge of networking and network monitoring/management
- Knowledge and experience with various web technologies
- Ability to learn new things quickly.
- Proactive monitoring of the status and performance of network infrastructure and services across the regions.
- Troubleshooting and resolving first-level network outages on the network.
- Perform second-level Escalation on network outages or faults to responsible parties.
- Proactive monitoring of the FTTH network (OLT outages, PON port outages, link outages, etc.) for all faults and outages.
- Proactive monitoring of hardware status of equipment (cooling, power, security, etc.) running on the network and escalating to responsible parties in the event of a fault.
- Proactive monitoring of network trends and alert for network optimization and planning.
- Proactive monitoring services (AAA servers, freeside, access control servers, etc.) supporting the network and escalating in the event of any outages.
Client and Third-party Interaction:
- Processing access into third-party sites on the network for visiting engineers.
- Providing remote support to field engineers during network outages.
- Engaging third-party providers (collocation, leased-lines, etc.) on any faults and follow-up till outages are resolved.
- Raising tickets for faults on the network for tracking and effective escalation.
- Handling ticket escalations from customers and providing necessary support and updates.
- Generate daily, weekly, and monthly reports on all network outages, network performance, and service availability for third-party providers on the network.
- At least 2 years in the telecommunications industry.
- Familiarity with Linux environment.
- Fair idea of SNMP monitoring.
Application Closing Date
18th January, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.