Egbin Power Plc
Egbin Power Plc is currently recruiting for the position of Technical Procurement Lead. Qualified and Interested candidates should apply. See more Technical Jobs
Job Title: Technical Procurement Lead
Company: Egbin Power Plc
Location: (Ijede, Ikorodu) Lagos
About Egbin Power Plc.
Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the ever-rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
Technical Procurement Lead at Egbin Power Plc
- Responsible for leading all tactical and strategic activity with contract tendering for technical services, materials and supplies including CapEx.
- Provide effective management for delivering an effective and efficient procurement service to the business.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the actual procurement processes for the Company’s needs all year round and inactive real-time liaison with respective user departments to ensure conformance with above-stated Company policy objectives.
- Challenge demand and critically review requisitions, technical specifications and scope
- Lead negotiations to secure the best commercial terms in accordance with the technical specifications and requirements to ensure the best value
- Present sourcing strategies and award recommendations to the senior management
- Develop and execute action plans to optimise re-order levels in coordination with technical departments and stores
- Market screening, audit & selection for new and potential suppliers and contractors
- Analyze supplier risk and implement mitigation measures
- Develop, implement and execute contract (renewal) strategies
- Lead the contractor qualification process and coordinate HSE evaluation
- Negotiate and administer frame agreements and contracts
- Procurement lead of Capex projects in cooperation with different project teams and stakeholders within and outside Egbin Power Plc.
- Evaluate and monitor contractor performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine the need for changes
- Resolve complaints and determine corrective actions in case of defective materials or unacceptable performance
- Ensure in-depth knowledge of the global, regional and local outline agreements
- Contract negotiation and legal implementation of the high-level contract
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of corporate strategies, annual technical project plans, policies and procedures.
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
- To ensure effective management of employee and resources promoting team-building and collaborative working to deliver the corporate plan.
- To provide succinct and compelling reports to required deadlines for the key stakeholders as required.
Education and Work Experience:
- A degree or equivalent in Business Administration or Engineering
- 7 – 11 years of progressively responsible technical, engineering, construction management, or heavy industry procurement experience
- Postgraduate qualification and membership of a recognized Chartered organization relevant to the post will be an added advantage
- Project Management (e.g. Prince2) qualification will be an added advantage.
- Professional experience in a similar position as Procurement Lead or Lead Buyer for technical procurement.
- Experience in an international industry environment, Energy or Utilities industry is preferred.
- Prior leadership role in contract management, RFQ bid process, contract law and Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) preferred.
- Proven experience of procurement in large organizations
- Experience in a variety of sourcing arrangements
- Experience with working with Power Plant or/and managing Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) is highly desirable.
Skills and Competencies:
- Appreciation of strategies and key concepts in procurement and inventory management
- Working knowledge of public procurement laws and regulation.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions
- Knowledge of contract laws, material accounting systems and insurance and risk management
- Knowledge of Integrated Materials Management System
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures and guidelines for procurement
- Knowledge of stores management and inventory management
- Knowledge of regulatory laws, import, duties, policies
- Knowledge of national and international sourcing markets
- Knowledge of the application of IT systems in materials management
- Networking and relationship management skills
- Ability to meet targets and deadlines
- Deep understanding of negotiation strategies, risk management, and value chain of various raw materials preferred.
- Knowledge of preparing tenders & relevant procurement regulations
- Mature personality, capable of making and sustaining good working relationships
- Commitment to further training/continuous learning and development.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click to Apply Online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
To apply for this job please visit careers.sahara-group.com.