Website Fosad Consulting
Technical Underwriter at Fosad Consulting, Qualified candidates should apply. Click for more Jobs at Fosad
Fosad Consulting LLC. is a professional services firm established to provide quality consulting services to desiring clients, whose primary objective is to focus their management and technical resources on their core competence.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Underwriter
Employment Type: Full-time
Technical Underwriter at Fosad Consulting
- The role handles assessing insurance applications or proposals to determine suitability and terms for accepting into the company risk portfolio. The underwriter also ensures that risks accepted are properly managed.
- Appraise risk proposed for Cover and determine level of exposure
- Basedontheexposure, determine premium rates and policy terms
- Advise the client (insured or intermediary) via quotation slips stating premiums and terms of acceptance.
- Discuss and negotiate terms with the broker
- Where Slips have been signed before presenting to the team, review terms and conditions with the team lead before proceeding to confirm cover
- Refer risks for Survey/Inspection/Superintending where necessary in consultation with the team lead
- Review Survey reports and recommendations and insert warranties on the policy based on the report where necessary
- Review Loss ratio prior to renewal and advise the client of any proposed changes to the policy terms and conditions. This must be done in consultation with the team lead.
- Conducting-the-spot/post-loss inspection on reported losses referred by the claims unit to Confirm the extent of damage and proximate cause.
- Determine if the proximate cause is an insured peril
- Responsible for receiving all claims related notification by confirming the circumstance of loss and effectiveness of cover as at the time of loss.
- Issue policy certificates, documents and endorsements with appropriate policy terms and conditions
- Input transactions into the Underwriting Software
- Generate debit notes and credit notes and communicate the documents issued to the client
- Upload of Documents on Data Management Software
- Minimum of a B.Sc / HND in Insurance, Risk Management or related field from a reputable Educational Institution.
- Minimum of one-year relevant experience in the Insurance industry
- Must not be more than 27 years old.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com