Website TotalEnergies (Total Nigeria Plc)
TotalEnergies is a global multi-energy company producing and supplying energy: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gas, renewables and electricity. Over 100,000 employees are committed to energy that is ever more affordable, clean, reliable and accessible to as many people as possible. As a company with over 500 professions in more than 130 countries, TotalEnergies places sustainable development in all its dimensions at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of populations by offering high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development.
TotalEnergies Job Recruitment, Qualified candidates should see Apply. Click for more Jobs at TotalEnergies
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
TotalEnergies Job Recruitment
Job Title: Business Development Manager (Nigeria)
Location: Abuja – PTDF TWR
Job Type: Full Time
Domain: Strategy Economics Business
The main activities are:
- Identify projects by implementing indirect sales and marketing processes – networks of EPC partners, developers – and direct via the group’s B2B portfolio in Nigeria to conclude exclusivity agreements and establish long term relationships.
- Identification of commercial & industrial prospects likely to enter in a PPA Agreement
- Implement the economic model of TotalEnergies Solar Distributed Generation, build, finance and then operate the assets
- Work effectively within the TotalEnergies network and TotalEnergies affiliates within country teams, regulatory bodies, corporate clients and corporate groups, financing institutions
- Coordinate with the other affiliate teams our multi energy offering and strategy
- Realization of commercial proposals (non-binding and binding offers) creating value for our clients
- Management of key accounts and local partners
- Ensure the profitability of the projects presented to the investment committees and in their execution
- Ensure that the activities in Nigeria are compliant with TRDG HSE standards
- Ensure good knowledge of the legal and operational context necessary to operate in Nigeria (legal, fiscal, regulatory) and ensure the implementation and compliance of Group processes (tax, compliance, HR, legal, etc.)
- Contribute to Credit management: cash collection from customers.
- Contribute to preparing the N+1 budget and participate in the PLT in its area
- Ensure the monthly reporting of activities and prepare the investment dossiers
- Hire the right people; managerial capacity to keep them in the organization.
- Manage regulatory processes, financing, commercial activity and associated business partners, stakeholder coordination, construction and performance of solar power plants, with a permanent concern for HSE objectives.
- Reporting the trends and tendency of the area to the head office in order to adapt the strategy
- Responsible for building and maintaining tools to industrialize our offer & process
- Follow-up and monitoring of business evolutions potentially impacting the development of DG business.
- Master of Science, Engineering, Letter or Business. A MBA is a plus.
- Previous management of a business unit or a Total affiliate, ideally within Total Solar DG. Building a P&L, Structuring pricing proposals
- Strong leadership skills. Able to recruit, set up, manage, direct and motivate a team of diverse skilled resources. Able to bond into an high performance team.
- Proven ability to operate effectively with autonomy.
- Experience in solar and in signing PPA agreements, management of tendering processes, construction site management and asset O&M
- Knowledge of the local market and strong interpersonal skills will be needed to engage local stakeholders
- Precision and zero compromise / tolerance approach to HSE. Technical excellence must be proven
- Commercial skills ability to negotiate contracts with all levels of counterparty business.
- Experiences in different cultural environments
- 10 – 15 years of experience positioning sophisticated solutions and cost-benefit analyses
- Working languages: English, French is a nice to have.
Context & Environment
- The competitive environment: The business operates in a very competitive environment with both local and international competitors.
- The regulatory environment: Each region in the country being managed has different regulatory framework and context for which the business must operate. Regulation for self-consumption is constantly evolving and the business is required on a regular basis to adapt its business model (battery storage, bi facial technology, trackers…)
- The HSE environment: to ensure that the highest standards of HSE are implemented to meet Group standards. This can often involve implementing additional processes beyond what is market standard in the region of operation.
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Abuja – PTDF TWR
Job Type: Full Time
Domain: Industrial Projects
The Project Manager will have the following activities:
- Manage multiple projects execution at a time from EPC contract negotiation to hand over with focus on safety, quality, budget, planning and documentation management.
- Support and follow-up the permitting and Engineering team in local approvals and regulatory obligations
- Support & follow-up on-board suppliers including EPCs and engineering consultants, in full respect of HSE, Quality and compliance guidelines and specifications. Engage in commercial negotiations and maintain relationships, to ensure equipment and contractors are optimally and sustainably procured.
- Ensure strict adherence of projects design and material selection as per contractual requirements
- Ensure construction quality & safety by regular visits and reports
- Manage projects construction with focus on safety, quality, budget and planning
- Ensure proper projects commissioning and testing of the plant as per contractual requirements and industry good practice
- Handing over the projects to both O&M Team and Client in line with set contractual objectives
- In charge of documentation management following company requirements
- Work in line with Group Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) requirements
- Liaise with technical services for technical specifications use and continuous improvement and with remote engineering support when applicable
- Engage in commercial negotiations and maintain relationships, to ensure equipment and contractors are optimally and sustainably procured
- Participation in improving the Project Management Office (PMO) by implementing and adding tools good practices
- Built strong Relationship with Client after proper handing over from sales/development team.
- Graduate from a premier University with a Degree in Engineering. Graduate Degree and/or related professional qualifications considered a plus.
- Min. 5 years of projects management experience on solar projects.
- Experience with maintaining minimum functional specification, commissioning checklists, and standard operating practices for rooftop solar projects.
- Working experience of the Nigeria context in electrical norms, renewable energy regulations, construction codes, is appreciated.
- Knowledge of project management good practices, engineering, and solar specific software such MS Project, AutoCAD, PVSyst, Meteonorm, SolarGIS, Helioscope, Sketchup, etc.
Context & Environment:
- The affiliate is a relatively small affiliate in the group and that requires the need to be agile in order to contest in a very competitive market and business environment for Solar.
Job Title: Legal Adviser, North
Location: Churchgate – Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Domain: Legal Affairs
- Advisory/Agreements: Advise on, prepare and review assigned legal, commercial and other transactional contracts entered by into by TotalEnergies companies in Nigeria.
- Debt recovery: In conjunction with the other Legal Advisers, manage the legal risk of the Company’s credit portfolio by issuing demand notices, liaise with external solicitors to institute recovery actions in Court, maintain a debt recovery register and actively participate in Credit Control meetings.
- Litigation management: Manage the entire litigation portfolio of the Northern Region including developing strategies and mechanisms for the avoidance of litigation and where suits are instituted against the Company, ensuring efficient management of the litigation to minimize the risk of litigation crystallizing against the Company. Submitting monthly litigation report.
- Court processes: Attend court on behalf of the Company, facilitate witnesses and documentation required for prosecution and defence of cases.
- Landholding management: Investigate title of properties prior to negotiation; facilitate expeditious perfection of Company’s interests/titles, maintain, update and submit a monthly plot register.
- Regional Regulatory Management (laws, regulations and ground rents): regularly monitor and advise management on applicable laws and regulations in 19 states in the Northern Region. Ensure prompt payment of ground rents, land use charge and other statutory rates and fees in 19 states in the Northern Region.
- Law enforcement agents: Represent the company and liaise with company solicitors in all Police and other law enforcements agents related matters. Proactively take steps to respond to and provide required documents to law enforcement agencies to prevent disruption of the Company’s business.
- Legal Training: provide and facilitate training sessions for internal clients, Retail Sales Executives, Regional Retail Managers and dealers in the Northern Region of the Company.
- External correspondences: Draft and review for the company all necessary letters/correspondences to be sent out to external parties to ensure legal protection for the Company.
- Patrimonial operations: (acquisitions, disposals, internal reclassification): participate in and aid the Retail Development Department in matters relating to patrimonial operations: advice, risk analysis of legal arrangements, proposals for adapted solutions, participation in negotiations, preparation and review of various leaseholds and acquisitions.
- Procedures: participate in the development and updating of legal procedures, guides, manuals, and operating methods of the company/affiliate.
- Primary legal support to Head Office Divisions: provide legal support to all head office divisions: Lubricants, HSEQ, Human Resources, Retail & Cards, Commercial, TotalEnergies Country Services.
- Commercial Transactions: prepare, review and negotiate contracts or other instruments for the purchase of goods and services. Interact with legal counsels for third parties regarding contracts for the company. Guide and counsel company negotiators in laws and evaluate alternative strategies.
- Participate in administrative panels, sales area meetings, territorial community and public relations matters.
Who You Are:
- A qualified Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria with at least ten (10) years post-call cognate experience
- Equipped with thorough knowledge of the working and practice of Nigerian Law
- An excellent communicator with good negotiation skills
- Rigor, drafting skills, capacity to synthesize and focus on key issues
- Proven autonomy in a demanding environment
- Diplomatic and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Capacity to report, share, communicate, and manage people and resources.
Context & Environment:
- Interfaces with all levels in the company including company officers, management, directors, shareholders/stakeholders as well as outside counsel, dealers, customers and partners.
- Must be able to work independently and proactively.
- Regular contact with Legal Affairs Manager and company retained solicitors for preparation and defence of company’s interest in Court.
- Proactively advise the management team as to the best legal and strategic protections for the company in any given situation.
- Covers a wide geographical area for representation in court and regulatory agencies in the Northern Region.
- Attend State High Courts, Federal High Courts and Court of Appeal in the Region when required.
- Regular contact with Lands Registry and other Government Regulatory Agencies, characterized by bureaucracy.
- Manages the inordinate delays and bottlenecks of the regulatory and judicial system in the country.
- Manages the increasing arbitrariness on the part of regulatory agencies.
- Deals with criminal and other matters involving the police and other law enforcement agencies.
Application Closing Date
To apply for this job please visit careers.totalenergies.com.