Website United Bank for Africa Plc
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Latest Job Openings, Suitably qualified candidates should see the job details and apply. Click for more Jobs at United Bank for Africa
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Latest Job Openings
Job Title: TM, Industrial Relations & Work Ethics
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
- To ensure industrial harmony and achieve a disciplinary process that confirms with the basic tenets of justice and enables the bank to maintain operational discipline against the backdrop of the policies of the bank.
Disciplinary Process & Consequence Management:
- Review reports of wrongdoings from different parts of the bank
- Intermediate where necessary and sanction staff where infraction is established
- Review reports for Disciplinary Committee and send to the relevant parties
- Organise logistics for Disciplinary Committee sitting
- Circulate reports Disciplinary Committee members
- Help in taking minute of Disciplinary Committee
- Circulate minute of DC for approval
- Implement Disciplinary Committee decisions/recommendations
- Update staff file and units records
- Disseminate Disciplinary Committee learning points via HR Xfactor.
- Help in managing ASSBIFI, NUBIFIE and NUP
- Help in coordinating occasional meetings with the different unions
- Help in updating ASSBIFI / NUBIFIE on emerging directions of the Bank as it affects the staff
- Help in reviewing list of active pensioners
- Help in sending list of active pensioners to ARM for processing of pension payments
- Liaise with expense management to process ex-gratia pension payment on the pay day of every month.
Active and Ex-staff Issues (Appeal):
- Receive and review complaints / petitions from active / ex-staff
- Send an acknowledgement letter to the complainant
- Review the staff records vis-à-vis complaints/petitions
- Liaise with responsible officers and units for resolution
- Seek Management’s approval for HCM’s recommendation based on agreed resolution as may be necessary (if required)
- Advice complainant of the outcome of their complaint /petition
- Update complaint schedule and staff records.
- Identify and collate staff disengaged from the bank on the grounds of fraud and forgeries
- Prepare a schedule indicating the data for the period under review.
- Forward to Chief Inspector for review
- Forward to Group Head, Human Resources for concurrence
- Forward to GMD/CEO for sign-off
- Forward the hard copy of the schedule to Investigations Unit for onward delivery to CBN in compliance with their circular
- Forward the soft copy of the schedule to regulatory reporting for onward delivery to CBN
- Save soft copy of the report on the shared folder while copy of the signed report is file.
Sanction Consequence on Payroll / Appraisals:
- Download list of suspensions bank-wide on monthly basis prior to pay day.
- Review the list and align with the necessary requirement for payroll input and send to payroll unit for salary payment purpose.
- Download list of all sanctions bank-wide.
- Review the list of all sanction downloaded and sent to Performance.
- Management with applicable appraisal impacts for appraisal purpose on Bi-annually / yearly basis.
- Receive report from legal department on ex-staff’s statement of claims
- Review the ex-staff’s records and provide necessary information to legal
- Make court appearance as witness for the bank on designated court date
- Get feedback from legal on the final outcome of the case in court
- Work in conjunction with compensation to advise the total staff benefits where decisions are favourable to the ex-staff and compensations are awarded
- Forward advised benefits to legal to enable them obtain the necessary management approval
- Update staff/ex-staff records.
Requirements / Educational Qualification
The ideal candidate must be conversant with the following:
- Minimum of a First Degree (or its equivalent) in any Social Sciences Discipline.
- HR best practices
- In-depth knowledge of the Bank’s HR policies.
- 1 – 2 years experience in Human Resources Management.
- Customer service
- Personal effectiveness
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer appreciation / data entry (word- processing/Spreadsheet/graphics)
- Communication (oral & written).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.